Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog awarded military Purple Heart

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

Dog awarded military Purple Heart

Advertisements
    Would you find it an insult that a civilian dog received a military Purple Heart?? After many military members who have been injured, shot, shot at, hit IEDs, and suffered life altering injuries in war are denied that honor. Long story short we had a police shooting back home in AR. One officer died, one was injured, and the k-9 assisting was shot. She ran off and was missing for 2 days. She was found and had surgery. Now they have awarded her the military purple heart. It is causing quite the stir locally. There is a LE Purple Heart. But it was the military Purple Heart she was awarded. I posted the link to read all the stories. Thoughts or opinions on this please.

kina | Search Results | Fort Smith/Fayetteville News | 5newsonline KFSM 5NEWS
    K-9 Kina Awarded Purple Heart | Fort Smith/Fayetteville News | 5newsonline KFSM 5NEWS
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Insulting? No. Rediculous? Yeah. Military or civilian or LE, it's pretty stupid.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Those dogs are amazing and save lives all the time.

4. Moderator

I think it's cute. In the whole vast world of big deals, this just isn't one of them to me.
  5. Senior Member
    I think its nice, the dog work hard and are injured/killed doing that work and protecting people. Plenty of people think dogs shouldn't even be used in these jobs, maybe these awards help to bring positive awareness to their importance and hard work. If someone is seriously offended or insulted because a DOG got a recognition then the world must be a really infuriating place for them... small potatoes.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm super confused about why/how the dog was awarded a military award as a civilian working dog. I think that's the debate, right? Not that the dog was given an award, but that a civilian was given a military award?

I admittedly know very little about the qualifications for receiving a Purple Heart, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yeah I'm kind of confused on that one. I don't understand why exactly they chose that award but the article is really short, like 3 sentences. Like right off the bat I'm not offended or think it's ridiculous but I'm kind of curious of the circumstances.
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm super confused about why/how the dog was awarded a military award as a civilian working dog. I think that's the debate, right? Not that the dog was given an award, but that a civilian was given a military award?

I admittedly know very little about the qualifications for receiving a Purple Heart, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes that is the debate. Should a civilian dog be awarded a military Purple Heart? When so many military members are denied it for things done in actual war. Not whether or not the dog should recieve recognition.
  9. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    Those dogs are amazing and save lives all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I think it's cute. In the whole vast world of big deals, this just isn't one of them to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I think its nice, the dog work hard and are injured/killed doing that work and protecting people. Plenty of people think dogs shouldn't even be used in these jobs, maybe these awards help to bring positive awareness to their importance and hard work. If someone is seriously offended or insulted because a DOG got a recognition then the world must be a really infuriating place for them... small potatoes.
    You are ok with a civilian dog receiving a war metal when people actually injured in war are being denied that honor?? This isnt about whether or not the dog should be recognized.
  10. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    You are ok with a civilian dog receiving a war metal when people actually injured in war are being denied that honor?? This isnt about whether or not the dog should be recognized.
    The dog being recognized doesn't change or affect the other situation. Yes, I am ok with it.

If people who deserve the medal aren't receiving them, then that should be remedied. But what does that have to do with this dog?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast