Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: How do you handle social media with your SO?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    We post cat and dog meme and photos on each other's page. I rarely post anything about me. She over shares on hers
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Idk I'm not just gonna hand out all my passwords but if he needs them for something that's fine. He has my amazon password because he needed it to add my account to his for the prime households thing but I can't figure out why he'd need my Facebook password.

To be fair, I have 5 passwords I use for pretty much everything. I've probably never told him my FB password, but regardless, he knows it because he knows all passwords I'd be choosing from, so he could get it in no more than 5 guesses. That's how it is for everything. He may not specifically remember what password I have from my online banking, but I never have to worry about him not being able to get it, and I consider that the same thing. That, and the fact that they are saved on all my devices and he has access to those.

And that poster made it seem like they weren't going to exchange *any* password info.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    To be fair, I have 5 passwords I use for pretty much everything. I've probably never told him my FB password, but regardless, he knows it because he knows all passwords I'd be choosing from, so he could get it in no more than 5 guesses. That's how it is for everything. He may not specifically remember what password I have from my online banking, but I never have to worry about him not being able to get it, and I consider that the same thing. That, and the fact that they are saved on all my devices and he has access to those.

And that poster made it seem like they weren't going to exchange *any* password info.
    Was gonna say this same thing. My hubby and i both have like 3 or 4 passwords each that we use for everything 😅 and mine i match up with the email address i use. So if it says the username/email he'd know which password. And even if it didn't he could easily just try each one until he figured out which one it is.

I don't care. We are very open with each other though. So i wouldn't care abbs give him the password fit anything if he just asks. Haha
  4. Regular Member
    My husband got Facebook after we were married. My college roommate had set mine up a couple of years previously but I didn't really bother with it. I deleted it for several years, and ended up getting another account.... I don't add anyone but my family and people I actually know and like, and I don't add my in-laws. So I pretty much just put occasional pictures of the kids up and tag him in it so the in-laws can see. I have no idea what he does on his; I never look at it.
  5. Senior Member
    My boyfriend and I were facebook friends shortly after we met. We didn't become fb official until about a year or so after we had been dating. We do tag each other on stuff.

I don't think that facebook causes problems, but can sometimes reveal existing issues you may ignore/not see.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post

I don't think that facebook causes problems, but can sometimes reveal existing issues you may ignore/not see.
    Yes. Completely agree with this.
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I've chosen to mostly avoid it, as far as it's possible. I know my way around social media because my industry is using it more and more, but on a personal level, the people I WANT to speak to are already in my life. I don't need them to be Facebook friends as well to remember that we're close.

As for Husband...total Luddite. I'm not convinced he knows what Facebook IS! God knows, he has a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with the touchscreen phone...
  8. Regular Member
    Df and I added eachother on fb a week after meeting. Then changed our statuses to "in a relationship with xxxx" about a month after becoming exclusive. We both have our profile pics including eachother. We don't tag eachother in stuff much, it's just not our thing. We don't know each other's passwords. I think social media creating problems is highly subjective and can really only be judged on a case by case basis.

I consider myself a pretty private person. I don't feel the need to post about everyday type of stuff and neither does he. But it was really important to me that we had the "official" status, had pictures together, and that it was obvious we were together basically. I would be highly suspicious of any guy who refused to put me on his fb and make it public. I would automatically assume I was being played and the guy was keeping his options open still, since that's been the case in my experience 99% of the time. Even if he really was just not into social media like that for whatever reason that's not something I'd be willing to accept and tbh I'd just leave. I'm sure that's petty to some people but that's just me.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789