Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you handle social media with your SO?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Advertisements
    DH and I consider the date we became FB official to be the date we started dating
    Prior to that, we'd talked about trying dating but hadn't resolved anything (I was hesitating) so when I was ready I sent him an invite to be my boyfran on FB.

We occasionally tag each other in stuff. He doesn't like FB much so it's rare he posts/tags anything unless I'm harassing him to do it (like, put up our vacation pics from your phone, dude!!!)

The only time social media caused an issue was when his ex gf, the day after he and I posted our first pic together, ~*~just so happened~*~ to post an old photo of him & her at prom in high school with some caption like "oh what good memories"

I wasn't very...classy... with my response to that.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Not FB official with current bf, but I have been in the past with other guys. We definitely don't share passwords. If he even suggested it I'd probably break up with his ass asap. We do tag each other in stuff, though his tags don't show up on my wall very often for some reason.

I Eelizah
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I used to be guilty of oversharing on Facebook all the time. When I moved to Hawaii, that's when FB really got popular and it was the easiest way for me to keep in touch with all my friends and family on the east coast - the 6 hour time difference didn't always make phone calls easy. FB is still an important part of my life as lame as that sounds I definitely want to be FB Official with any boyfriend I have and I really don't have any reason to back that up other than I want it My ex and I were FB friends before we started dating and made it FB Official I think the day after we had the "what are we" talk.

I just started dating this guy a few weeks ago and we're not FB friends yet but you bet I've already found and stalked him - ugghhh he has everything private just like me But he has a very unique name so it was easy to find him anyway. I'm not at the point I want to add him yet... ok scratch that, I DO want to add him but I think it may just be too early on in our dating situation to be FB friends. So I'll give it a few more weeks We are friends on Snapchat though and that's something I really only keep to like 15 friends. I like doing Snapchat with him because it's nice to know he's thinking of me throughout the day and I can see what he's up to etc without having to text extensively while at work or anything.
    ~Becca~

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Not FB official with current bf, but I have been in the past with other guys. We definitely don't share passwords. If he even suggested it I'd probably break up with his ass asap. We do tag each other in stuff, though his tags don't show up on my wall very often for some reason.
    Yeah something about our privacy settings are weird because we have the same issue, and it really annoys me lol. When I posted that picture of us last week, I made it public because otherwise only my friends would see it. But that backfired because then it got to my grandma's friends, so all these old people I don't know were liking it. I do see when C tags you in stuff occasionally though! I wish I could figure out what setting it is.

I'm not really comfortable sharing passwords either. Not at this point anyway. It's one thing if you just have a handful of passwords you use and you learn each others over time but I'd never just exchange fb passwords. Hahahaha if he ever went through my messages I would be so humiliated omg. He already knows I'm obsessed with him but he probably doesn't know the exact extent.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    DH didn't have a fb up until about 6 months to a year ago, my relationship status always reflected the stage of our relationship just not with DH tagged because he wasn't on fb obviously but now he's listed as my husband.

We do tag each other in stuff but I don't think we're overly gushy (those of you who are friends with me can correct me if I'm wrong ) I mostly post about DD these days and repost videos or whatever anyway

I pretty much know all of DH's passwords and he knows mine so we could probably get into each other's accounts if we really wanted too but I don't feel the need to do it and I don't think he does either.

6. Senior Member
    I don't recall if DH had a facebook before or after we started dating. I want to say after, but I think I'm wrong by saying that. Either way, as soon as we were dating and we both had accounts, we added it on there. I know his facebook password, as I know his passwords for everything cause he's just so careless with things and I've had to go on plenty of times to fix/change things. He doesn't know mine, he'd forget it anyway. I need to know his passwords for things cause all the time I get "What's my password for this account?" But he knows my phone pin so he can access my account via my phone anytime he wants. My sister has a shared account with her bf. It's weird. I don't understand why people do that. But whatever floats your boat. We tag each other in stuff all the time. It hasn't created a problem for us, but I have seen it be problematic for other people.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    We started dating before FB was available to people outside the Ivies, then 6 months later my college was added, but MFs wasnt. Then his was added so we became FB official.

I think social media has as much power over your relationships as you allow it, but I generally have seen only insecure girls/guys or people in bad relationships have issues with social media, meaning SM didnt damage the relationship- the humans in it are damaged and social media simply presents that brokenness to the public. We do tag each other, we dont know each others passwords only because we have never even thought to ask. Why would I? I am sure he would give it to me if I asked, and vice versa. I just dont see the point.
  8. Moderator

When my DH was interested in me, before we started dating, I added him as a fb friend to creep and make sure he didn't post weird things. . We didn't become fb official until after we got married.

I love to post about him. I love to tag him in stuff. He doesn't reply much, now that he's recruiting, because he doesn't have a ton of time. Every once in awhile, my Pops asks why he doesn't reply anymore, but that's because he's a nosy grandpa with a fb.

I also think people that have fb drama are people that could find drama anywhere.
  9. Senior Member
    DF and I became facebook friends like the day before our first date I tag him in funny things and we post lovey things on each other's walls. Separate accounts, don't know each other's passwords and I don't really care to We dated for a few months before it was facebook official, like two or three I think? I don't think social media can create problems, but I definitely think it can be a catalyst for existing problems.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    When my DH was interested in me, before we started dating, I added him as a fb friend to creep and make sure he didn't post weird things. . We didn't become fb official until after we got married.

I love to post about him. I love to tag him in stuff. He doesn't reply much, now that he's recruiting, because he doesn't have a ton of time. Every once in awhile, my Pops asks why he doesn't reply anymore, but that's because he's a nosy grandpa with a fb.

I also think people that have fb drama are people that could find drama anywhere.
    Aww I love when you post about your husband
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast