Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-year ban on federal funding for Planned Parenthood

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Its not just about the decision of the woman, many republicans, especially the vocal ones, wholeheartedly believe that abortion is murder, and believe that a baby is a human being at conception. It's not this silly "well we don't want women to have control!!!!111!" because there are women who believe that abortion is murder too. It's a huge ideological difference between the parties, and I feel like mocking one side or the other doesn't solve anything.

I can't consider myself pro-life, but I don't really consider myself pro-choice either (as those terms are currently being defined anyway). It's a touchy subject. I don't think banning abortions is the answer, but I don't think easily accessible clinic abortions are the answer either. I'm for making abortions a procedure that you get after consultation with a doctor in a hospital, I find that act of getting an abortion because "oops got pregnant and I'm not ready/don't want it" to be disturbing. and that's MY opinion.

At any rate, this will never pass the senate. They'll probably filibuster it and it won't even go to a vote, just like the Iran deal stuff.
    I really have nothing fucking nice to say to you after reading this, but there are many women who DON'T feel like it's murder and "oops got pregnant I'm not ready/don't want it" is more than just that. And that's all I'll say to you here because FUCK that.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Until you're actually in the "oops got pregnant I'm not ready/don't want it" then you're opinion on the matter means absolutely NOTHING to me because you don't fucking know how you'll feel and all the emotions that will come along with it.

I don't think I've ever been so angry from a post on here in my life.
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I really have nothing fucking nice to say to you after reading this, but there are many women who DON'T feel like it's murder and "oops got pregnant I'm not ready/don't want it" is more than just that. And that's all I'll say to you here because FUCK that.
    It took a lot of willpower for me to reply nicely. That post reeked of victim blaming.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I never said it should, I don't want the government in my life at all. I'm very much let adults do what they want to do as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. The ideological difference is that some people believe abortion affects someone else, namely the unborn human being. We often let the government intervene to protect someone else, its why you can drink but it's illegal to drink and drive (just a simple example)
    A simple example? Pffft. Vehicular manslaughter is not equal to abortion, and to suggest as much is fucking disgusting.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    A simple example? Pffft. Vehicular manslaughter is not equal to abortion, and to suggest as much is fucking disgusting.
    But what can you expect?
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Getting drunk and driving around, endangering you and everyone around you is NOT EVEN COMPAREABLE ON ANY LEVEL to a PRIVATE decision made by a woman to do something with her own fucking body.

Disgusting.
  7. we were all rooting for you
    Lololol thanks for the education lesson, Brianna but I'm getting a masters in political science so I don't need your examples. Based off your last post, it seems as though you lack a seriously alarming amount of empathy.
    Last edited by KittenMittens; 09-19-2015 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Cause I should try to be nicer I guess
  8. Senior Member
    So....here is the thing. I am against abortions. Personally. I would never support (drive them to appt, loan them money to get one, encourage or suggest getting one) a friend who wanted to get one. I have come a long way (and you guys can mock me about it that is fine it won't hurt my feelings) from I would never have anything to do with someone who had one wants to have one and no abortions for anyone. So I would never support someone. But also I would not drop them and if they need my help later I would be there. But I still can not support abortions.

And my personal dislike for them.....It is nearly 20 year old reason that petty as it may be I can't get past. They had no other suggestion for my pregnancy with my oldest than for me to abort him even after I said not interested would never happen. And it was not a soft suggestion, but a hard sell they tried.

And so because of all that above, I do not like PP and I am not sad if their funding goes away. I won't cheer if it does, but nor will I be pissed if it doesn't. I do not think about PP in any way ever unless others bring it up. Even though the money doesn't go to abortions. I get that it might not make sense and isn't logical but there it is.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    But what can you expect?

to the bunker
  10. we were all rooting for you
    I never said it should, I don't want the government in my life at all. I'm very much let adults do what they want to do as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. The ideological difference is that some people believe abortion affects someone else, namely the unborn human being. We often let the government intervene to protect someone else, its why you can drink but it's illegal to drink and drive (just a simple example)
    Also, if I had an abortion how would it affect you or your rights in any way?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast