Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-year ban on federal funding for Planned Parenthood

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Its not just about the decision of the woman, many republicans, especially the vocal ones, wholeheartedly believe that abortion is murder, and believe that a baby is a human being at conception. It's not this silly "well we don't want women to have control!!!!111!" because there are women who believe that abortion is murder too. It's a huge ideological difference between the parties, and I feel like mocking one side or the other doesn't solve anything.

I can't consider myself pro-life, but I don't really consider myself pro-choice either (as those terms are currently being defined anyway). It's a touchy subject. I don't think banning abortions is the answer, but I don't think easily accessible clinic abortions are the answer either. I'm for making abortions a procedure that you get after consultation with a doctor in a hospital, I find that act of getting an abortion because "oops got pregnant and I'm not ready/don't want it" to be disturbing. and that's MY opinion.

At any rate, this will never pass the senate. They'll probably filibuster it and it won't even go to a vote, just like the Iran deal stuff.
    Ideological differences or not, the choice shouldn't be up to the government. It should be up to the women who need medical care. I just don't understand why this decision is being made for me (or at least they're attempting to). What I do with my body is none of my governments business.
  2. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    First they let us get abortions and control our sexuality and contraceptive options...next thing you know, we're enslaving men in bunkers and then Satan shows up and and and APOCALYPSE!

When the Pope is more understanding and accepting of these things than the far right, you know they've reached new heights of oppressiveness. Let a mofo try to tell me to my face what to do with my uterus. lemme at em lemme at em.
    YES TO THE BUNKERS LOCK UP THESE MEN
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Its not just about the decision of the woman, many republicans, especially the vocal ones, wholeheartedly believe that abortion is murder, and believe that a baby is a human being at conception. It's not this silly "well we don't want women to have control!!!!111!" because there are women who believe that abortion is murder too. It's a huge ideological difference between the parties, and I feel like mocking one side or the other doesn't solve anything.

I can't consider myself pro-life, but I don't really consider myself pro-choice either (as those terms are currently being defined anyway). It's a touchy subject. I don't think banning abortions is the answer, but I don't think easily accessible clinic abortions are the answer either. I'm for making abortions a procedure that you get after consultation with a doctor in a hospital, I find that act of getting an abortion because "oops got pregnant and I'm not ready/don't want it" to be disturbing. and that's MY opinion.

At any rate, this will never pass the senate. They'll probably filibuster it and it won't even go to a vote, just like the Iran deal stuff.
    It is absolutely about the decision of the woman; the Right's opinion about whether or not it's "murder" doesn't change that fact. Neither does the fact that there are women who believe it, either. It comes down to literally controlling a woman's decisions about her own body.

Second bold: oh, you mean like you outright mocked my post and added cute little exclamation points to assert superiority? Ok, Brianna.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Ideological differences or not, the choice shouldn't be up to the government. It should be up to the women who need medical care. I just don't understand why this decision is being made for me (or at least they're attempting to). What I do with my body is none of my governments business.
    If it is truly a religious issue then take it up with your minister/pastor/whatever. Separation of church and state and all that jazz.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. we were all rooting for you
    Here's an idea: don't like abortion? Don't fucking get one. Just because YOU (general) don't like abortion doesn't mean no one else can have one. I saw an analogy the other day that I loved (about Kim Davis, which is another idiot story for another day, I digress): it's like you ask your waiter for a burger but because THEYRE on a diet, you can only have a salad. Makes so much sense.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthiea View Post
    If it is truly a religious issue then take it up with your minister/pastor/whatever. Separation of church and state and all that jazz.
    Stop with your logic and reason. Didn't you know that the personal religious beliefs of a certain group of people (despite no legal standing whatsoever re: murder) is the moral code we're all supposed to legally abide by? Le gasp, Andrea.
  7. we were all rooting for you
    Stop with your logic and reason. Didn't you know that the personal religious beliefs of a certain group of people (despite no legal standing whatsoever re: murder) is the moral code we're all supposed to legally abide by? Le gasp, Andrea.
    LOCK HER IN THE BUNKER WITH THE MEN TOO. FREE THINKING HEATHEN.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Here's an idea: don't like abortion? Don't fucking get one. Just because YOU (general) don't like abortion doesn't mean no one else can have one. I saw an analogy the other day that I loved (about Kim Davis, which is another idiot story for another day, I digress): it's like you ask your waiter for a burger but because THEYRE on a diet, you can only have a salad. Makes so much sense.
    DROP THE ICE CREAM. I have gestational diabetes and if I can't eat the sweets, than neither can you bitches

Because those are my...beliefs. And stuff.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    LOCK HER IN THE BUNKER WITH THE MEN TOO. FREE THINKING HEATHEN.
    I've been found out

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  10. Senior Member
    I never said it should, I don't want the government in my life at all. I'm very much let adults do what they want to do as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. The ideological difference is that some people believe abortion affects someone else, namely the unborn human being. We often let the government intervene to protect someone else, its why you can drink but it's illegal to drink and drive (just a simple example)
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast