Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: 1-year ban on federal funding for Planned Parenthood

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Hey Yabos apparently you're a liar and your crying clump of cells you snorted was reported as a death.
    Maybe not for funsies but it certainly furthers the condescending stereotype associated with Christians. She said that she feels that people who consider her a friend killed babies. That's fucked up and not hard to understand how it would piss people off.
    I do not know Portsmouth's policies, since I went there for a follow-up to confirm my miscarriage and did not actually pass the baby there. I would imagine that they might have different protocols than the civilian hospitals in the area, but I don't work in the medical field, so I can't really say for sure. I certainly never said that Kat lied-- you are reading things into my words that I did not say. We went to different hospitals and had different experiences.

Condescension would mean that I see myself as superior. As stated multiple times, I do not. I'm sorry that you got that impression, but you misinterpreted my reasoning. I disagree with abortion, but I know that they do not view it the same way that I do and their journeys are their own.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    Except it very clearly DID hurt her friends, and her friends have a right to say so. End of story, tbh.

Meanwhile, the conversation had begun to move on a bit. There was Prince. PRINCE.
    I am sorry that what I said hurt you and Kat-- truly, I did not post with any kind of malicious intent. I was trying to share my perspective as someone who disagrees strongly with abortion, but is also still strongly in favor of funding Planned Parenthood.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    Damn. Im sorry, its my fault for not wording myself correctly.

The word choices and complete disregard of *who* could be reading blew my mind that I completely didnt register what I wanted to say. Especially where ArmyWifeArmyLife was trying to persuade others to share her values.

Honestly, some things just should have been kept as thoughts.

Late in replying to this.
    Oh it's no problem, I got where you were coming from too. The post you were responding to was kind of out of left field considering where the discussion was.

I think MOST of the time when people want to defund PP, abortion really can't be part of the argument because whether anyone likes it or not, it's legal, and so it should hold no bearing on PP's funding. In this particular instance, where there are allegations of illegal activities involving the abortion process, it's pretty impossible to separate, which sucks because the whole discussion always sucks. I kind of feel like it should be an "innocent until proven guilty" situation, though. There should be investigation. Investigate the organization and see if these things are happening on a grand scale. If not, investigate the specific branches in question and see if these things are happening on a local scale. If not... leave them alone. And if so, take appropriate action based on the scale of the illegal activity. That seems like the logical progression to me, but I guess not to the House. Fortunately it won't pass the Senate, and Obama will veto if it does.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    It's one thing to know that people think abortion is murder, that's annoying but doesn't offend me. Posting that abortion = killing a child in a thread where multiple people have shared experience with wanting/getting abortions is super insensitive and offensive...especially if you're one of those sharing their experiences.
    This is the heart of that particular issue. Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post

I am sorry that what I said hurt you and Kat-- truly, I did not post with any kind of malicious intent. I was trying to share my perspective as someone who disagrees strongly with abortion, but is also still strongly in favor of funding Planned Parenthood.
    I really appreciate that Kat, thank you.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I love both of you and have prayed for you guys extensively when you were each going through the struggles y'all faced over the last few years. I still pray regularly for you and your new little girl. I have no desire to hurt either one of you, so I really am sorry if my words were insensitive.
  5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifeArmyLife View Post
    I feel that sometimes poeple forget that its not just the womans body and all about her and her choice. Its a about TWO lives. There is a child developing inside of her. Women are urged dont drink and dont smoke be healthy while pregnant so that the baby develops properly ... if the child is not a life until it is "birthed" and outside of the mothers body than why would that matter. There are many many ways that you can clearly see its not just a fetus or a mass it is a human. Go to the human body exhibit and look at the fully developed little bodies of babies at certain stages of development. Interview the abortion clinic workers who will abmittedly tell you those little masses of cells will cry and do feel pain. I truly dont want to debate with anyone or upset anyone but I just ask you keep in mind it is a life and deserves consideration. It is not ONLY about the mother and her body. That little life should have rights and be considered as well.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

It drives me crazy that there are people who believe PP is all LETS ABORT THOSE BABIES. BRING IN THE FETUSES.

Screw them for helping with STD testing and treatment. Screw them for screening for breast cancer. Screw them for making birth control more affordable. Screw them for helping women in general. /

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I do not know Portsmouth's policies, since I went there for a follow-up to confirm my miscarriage and did not actually pass the baby there. I would imagine that they might have different protocols than the civilian hospitals in the area, but I don't work in the medical field, so I can't really say for sure. I certainly never said that Kat lied-- you are reading things into my words that I did not say. We went to different hospitals and had different experiences.

Condescension would mean that I see myself as superior. As stated multiple times, I do not. I'm sorry that you got that impression, but you misinterpreted my reasoning. I disagree with abortion, but I know that they do not view it the same way that I do and their journeys are their own.

and yet they all would follow CDC guidelines...which I linked above. You had a spontaneous abortion in the first trimester. It was not recorded as a death because it was not viable or past 20 weeks like the cdc info linked states.
  8. Moderator

and yet they all would follow CDC guidelines...which I linked above. You had a spontaneous abortion in the first trimester. It was not recorded as a death because it was not viable or past 20 weeks like the cdc info linked states.
    The thingie you linked supports Kat's story. Here's the Virginia-specific page: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/itop97.pdf

"Under the definition set forth above, a fetal death certificate must be filed for every product of
    conception, irrespective of the period of gestation, which does not result in a live birth."
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    .... the document you linked explicitly states:

Fetal death defined:
    ‘‘Fetal death’’ means death prior to the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of
    human conception, regardless of the duration of pregnancy; death is indicated by the fact that after such
    expulsion or extraction the fetus does not breathe or show any other evidence of life such as beating of
    the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles. (Section 32.1-249(2) Code of Virginia)

‘‘Spontaneous fetal death’’ means the expulsion or extraction of a product of human conception resulting
    in other than a live birth and which is not an induced termination of pregnancy. (Section 32.1-249 (2)Code of Virginia)

When fetal death reporting is required:
    Under the definition set forth above, a fetal death certificate must be filed for every product of
    conception, irrespective of the period of gestation
    , which does not result in a live birth. (Section 32.1-264
    Code of Virginia
    How does that contradict what she said at all?

------------

I have been very fortunate to not require the services of PP in my life yet. I hope it stays around for all the women who need it's services. I don't believe it should be defunded, or that it would be able to function without government funding. Frankly, I believe the government should fund ALL healthcare but that's a different argument.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    The thingie you linked supports Kat's story. Here's the Virginia-specific page: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/itop97.pdf

"Under the definition set forth above, a fetal death certificate must be filed for every product of
    conception, irrespective of the period of gestation, which does not result in a live birth."
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    .... the document you linked explicitly states:

How does that contradict what she said at all?
    Thank you. I am simply speaking about what happened with me. The hospital said that it had to be sent off as products of conception so that a fetal death could be recorded.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415