Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Auschwitz mist showers anger visitors

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I can't bring myself to be offended by this. I can see how people find it tasteless but it's hot.
    This. I really think it's tasteless, but not intentionally offensive. Just kinda...derp derp derpy. Like this crossed nobody's mind during the planning phase? It'd be one of the first things I thought of.

Also I'm with Jen...I've never seen misters here!
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    This. I really think it's tasteless, but not intentionally offensive. Just kinda...derp derp derpy. Like this crossed nobody's mind during the planning phase? It'd be one of the first things I thought of.

Also I'm with Jen...I've never seen misters here!
    There was only one I saw in Munich, but they were all over Austria, Italy and Spain! And they were GLORIOUS during that heat wave.
  3. Senior Member

I would be so offended if I had a place to cool off my swamp ass!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    There was only one I saw in Munich, but they were all over Austria, Italy and Spain! And they were GLORIOUS during that heat wave.
    If somebody could spread the word to Germany, my overheated ass would appreciate it muchly
  5. Senior Member
    No, and I don't think it's tasteless either because the shower heads or misters or any kind of thing like that were not what killed the people. Airtight containers of zyclonB were dropped into the room (an airtight room, not a shower head or mister sitting outside), usually by a hole in the ceiling or some other kind of hole. The showers were fake. the shower heads were fake.
    They had people fainting in Poland due to the heat, and this was a quick easy way to keep people from overheating. I think offense at this is due to lack of education.

6. Senior Member

My weave!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I can't bring myself to be offended by this. I can see how people find it tasteless but it's hot.
    So I'm so slow, but I definitely read this as you saying that you think the misters are hot like attractive hot I was like "um wow that's interesting i guess!"
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    No, and I don't think it's tasteless either because the shower heads or misters or any kind of thing like that were not what killed the people. Airtight containers of zyclonB were dropped into the room (an airtight room, not a shower head or mister sitting outside), usually by a hole in the ceiling or some other kind of hole. The showers were fake. the shower heads were fake.
    They had people fainting in Poland due to the heat, and this was a quick easy way to keep people from overheating. I think offense at this is due to lack of education.
    Well if that isn't one of the rudest things I've read all day...

I'll be sure to let my actually Jewish stepmother with her multiple degrees, who lost family in the Holocaust and expressed that she found this distasteful, know that she is simply lacking in education.

Still find it tasteless! Still educated. (Still don't find it offensive, though)
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post
    So I'm so slow, but I definitely read this as you saying that you think the misters are hot like attractive hot I was like "um wow that's interesting i guess!"
    Ashley is on the prowl
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    Well if that isn't one of the rudest things I've read all day...

I'll be sure to let my actually Jewish stepmother with her multiple degrees, who lost family in the Holocaust and expressed that she found this distasteful, know that she is simply lacking in education.

Still find it tasteless! Still educated. (Still don't find it offensive, though)
    There is a difference between finding something distasteful and actually being offended by it. I said OFFENSE to it is lack of education. Calm down, I didn't say anything about you or your stepmother being uneducated.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast