Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School board bans rebel mascot

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

School board bans rebel mascot

Advertisements
  2. Senior Member
    All this nonsense is insane and it just shows how ignorant people are. This country has gotten dumber than a box of rocks.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    All this nonsense is insane and it just shows how ignorant people are. This country has gotten dumber than a box of rocks.
    word!

Lets just ignore history all together..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Moderator

One of my good friends, from high school, is married to the football coach for Fort Smith. The community is behind this decision. As a whole, they want the fight song and mascot changed.

I think that it's a great decision, especially when it is a decision that the community wants.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    One of my good friends, from high school, is married to the football coach for Fort Smith. The community is behind this decision. As a whole, they want the fight song and mascot changed.

I think that it's a great decision, especially when it is a decision that the community wants.
    History can be remembered without honoring symbols that aren't viewed favorably.

6. Moderator

I'm good with it.
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    What is their reason for getting rid of it?

Is it because they are warped into the sheeple mentality and what the media is spewing out?

Getting rid of something because the people do not understand its meaning, and instead want to just 'abide' by what the media portrays is just downright stupid.

There is zero purpose for this school to spend $200K on changing uniforms and such to abide to what the sheeple and media want. For decades that mascot and song have been there, it hasn't been an issue, until now. And that's what I have a problem with.

And I don't know if I agree the whole community is behind it. only 200 people showed (According to article in OP). I'm not sure how big that district is, but 200 people in my community would not even be 1% of the community. So if the less than 1% are dictating what happens, then we are all in a world of hurt.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I see no issue with it. People wanted change, so the school board voted to change it. I don't see it as a "ban" but a change made by the school board. Is that not the reason people elect a school board, to make decisions for the schools?
  9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    What is their reason for getting rid of it?

Is it because they are warped into the sheeple mentality and what the media is spewing out?

Getting rid of something because the people do not understand its meaning, and instead want to just 'abide' by what the media portrays is just downright stupid.

There is zero purpose for this school to spend $200K on changing uniforms and such to abide to what the sheeple and media want. For decades that mascot and song have been there, it hasn't been an issue, until now. And that's what I have a problem with.

And I don't know if I agree the whole community is behind it. only 200 people showed (According to article in OP). I'm not sure how big that district is, but 200 people in my community would not even be 1% of the community. So if the less than 1% are dictating what happens, then we are all in a world of hurt.
    Maybe it hasn't been an issue people felt safe voicing until now.
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    and where does it end?

Look at Ole Miss.. they have been the rebels for decades, and their mascot is a confederate solider.. are they now going to have to change their entire history just because the media and sheeple say it should?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast