Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Help me out here.

  1. Senior Member
    Amanduh's Avatar
    Amanduh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,787
    #21
    Advertisements
    Hmm, wow... I'm sure I unintentionally offended people when I was younger by the stuff I said in stores. I recall one time with my best friend calling a shirt hideous in ear shot of the register where a woman was buying said shirt. Now I wonder if she went to the car and cried.
  2. Senior Member
    TriggerHappy's Avatar
    TriggerHappy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,570
    #22
    She's reaching for the stars.
  3. Moderator
    twistertwin's Avatar
    twistertwin is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    8,570


    #23
    I saw this the other day and it is so ridiculous.

    I cannot believe she let another conversation, that was NOT directed at her, make her cry and go nutso.

    But, now she gets to post her picture all over the internet and get a whole bunch of "You go, girl! You rock that shirt!" It's beyond annoying.
  4. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #24
    Wow. Okay. She clearly needs to work on her self, if over hearing a stranger comment on the size of a shirt makes her cry (and not say anything bad? "I can fit me & so-and-so in this" isn't negative... Neither is calling it "huge").
  5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Sunbeam's Avatar
    Sunbeam is offline
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,438
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Wow. Okay. She clearly needs to work on her self, if over hearing a stranger comment on the size of a shirt makes her cry (and not say anything bad? "I can fit me & so-and-so in this" isn't negative... Neither is calling it "huge").
    I disagree. I'm not saying it's fat shaming per se, but totally saying it's legitimate for someone to be hurt by it - it's often the throwaway comments we make without compassion that hurt others. I think both those comments are at best thoughtless and certainly can be taken as hurtful. If you hold up a shirt and say, "Huge" and laugh, when that is the shirt I'm putting on and the only or smallest size that fits me, it definitely translates to "I am huge." It doesn't take a jump or big leap, it's right there.
  6. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I disagree. I'm not saying it's fat shaming per se, but totally saying it's legitimate for someone to be hurt by it - it's often the throwaway comments we make without compassion that hurt others. I think both those comments are at best thoughtless and certainly can be taken as hurtful. If you hold up a shirt and say, "Huge" and laugh, when that is the shirt I'm putting on and the only or smallest size that fits me, it definitely translates to "I am huge." It doesn't take a jump or big leap, it's right there.
    That honestly would sound like a personal problem to me. "Huge" isn't a negative statement. Like if I call someone huge that's rude, because commenting on anyone's size is rude, but it's not saying anything bad about them. It's neutral. If you think huge = bad, well
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Crystal's Avatar
    Crystal is offline
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Posts
    53,547




    #27
    She got what she wanted. Attention, compliments, and something for nothing. Way to go.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    the_lepus's Avatar
    the_lepus is offline
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,707
    #28

  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Jazmine's Avatar
    Jazmine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,757

    #29
    Why is this news? She was being nosey and got her feelings hurt and that's unfortunate, but no one was talking to her or shaming her. No one walked up to her and said that her shirt was huge or called her a name. That mom and daughter didn't cause her low self-esteem or her body issues.

    If there wasn't already a "Me Generation" this one would be it.
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    She got what she wanted. Attention, compliments, and something for nothing. Way to go.
    yup... i don't even believe it was about her feeling bad. i think she did it to be able to go "yeah SEE?!?! i'm better!"
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •