Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me out here.

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Hmm, wow... I'm sure I unintentionally offended people when I was younger by the stuff I said in stores. I recall one time with my best friend calling a shirt hideous in ear shot of the register where a woman was buying said shirt. Now I wonder if she went to the car and cried.
  2. Senior Member
    She's reaching for the stars.
  3. Moderator

I saw this the other day and it is so ridiculous.

I cannot believe she let another conversation, that was NOT directed at her, make her cry and go nutso.

But, now she gets to post her picture all over the internet and get a whole bunch of "You go, girl! You rock that shirt!" It's beyond annoying.
  4. Senior Member
    Wow. Okay. She clearly needs to work on her self, if over hearing a stranger comment on the size of a shirt makes her cry (and not say anything bad? "I can fit me & so-and-so in this" isn't negative... Neither is calling it "huge").
  5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Wow. Okay. She clearly needs to work on her self, if over hearing a stranger comment on the size of a shirt makes her cry (and not say anything bad? "I can fit me & so-and-so in this" isn't negative... Neither is calling it "huge").
    I disagree. I'm not saying it's fat shaming per se, but totally saying it's legitimate for someone to be hurt by it - it's often the throwaway comments we make without compassion that hurt others. I think both those comments are at best thoughtless and certainly can be taken as hurtful. If you hold up a shirt and say, "Huge" and laugh, when that is the shirt I'm putting on and the only or smallest size that fits me, it definitely translates to "I am huge." It doesn't take a jump or big leap, it's right there.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I disagree. I'm not saying it's fat shaming per se, but totally saying it's legitimate for someone to be hurt by it - it's often the throwaway comments we make without compassion that hurt others. I think both those comments are at best thoughtless and certainly can be taken as hurtful. If you hold up a shirt and say, "Huge" and laugh, when that is the shirt I'm putting on and the only or smallest size that fits me, it definitely translates to "I am huge." It doesn't take a jump or big leap, it's right there.
    That honestly would sound like a personal problem to me. "Huge" isn't a negative statement. Like if I call someone huge that's rude, because commenting on anyone's size is rude, but it's not saying anything bad about them. It's neutral. If you think huge = bad, well
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

She got what she wanted. Attention, compliments, and something for nothing. Way to go.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Why is this news? She was being nosey and got her feelings hurt and that's unfortunate, but no one was talking to her or shaming her. No one walked up to her and said that her shirt was huge or called her a name. That mom and daughter didn't cause her low self-esteem or her body issues.

If there wasn't already a "Me Generation" this one would be it.
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    She got what she wanted. Attention, compliments, and something for nothing. Way to go.
    yup... i don't even believe it was about her feeling bad. i think she did it to be able to go "yeah SEE?!?! i'm better!"
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast