Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O Should "Click it or Ticket" be the law?

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

S/O Should "Click it or Ticket" be the law?

Advertisements
    Since the other post was getting a little derailed, I just wanted to post this here.

Do you think it should be a law to wear a seat belt as an adult? Why/why not? Do you wear your seat belt 100% of the time?

2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Absolutely yes, it should be a law. I've heard too many horror stories from my family members who are first responders about having to peel people off the road because they were ejected from their vehicles due to not wearing a seat belt. It's something SO goddamn simple to keep you safe, I just don't see how it's even remotely responsible to not buckle up.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes because it's stupid and unsafe not to wear a seat belt. I wear mine 99% of the time, and the only 1% is if I'm backing up to rearrange cars in a driveway.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    yeah it should be a law. I put mine on even if I'm just sitting in the car reading or something
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Absolutely, it should be a law. Nobody should have to scrape your dumb ass off the pavement because you didn't wear one. And your children/friends/anybody in the vicinity shouldn't have to witness whatever happens to you when a deer runs in front of your car/you're sideswiped/somebody slams into the back of your vehicle/a T-Rex headbutts you off the road.

I always wear mine, ALWAYS, and even the thought of a car accident without wearing one is making my butt clench. I've seen "seatbelt injuries" and I've seen a human being turned to mush on the asphalt...I'll take the seatbelt injury any day.
  6. Senior Member
    Yes.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Yes it should be a law and shouldn't able to be pulled over right away for it.
    It's stupid to not wear one and takes two seconds to put on.
    I also believe in better car seat laws and more education
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    hmmm.. that's hard a one.

On one hand I can see the necessity for the law, to keep the individual safe.
    However, on the other, its their personal choice. If they want to put themselves in harms way, why should the govt prevent them from doing that?

Now, do I think click-it or ticket law should be for anyone in the car under 17? Yes.
    I think the law should be that the driver gets a ticket if anyone under the age of 17 in the car isn't properly belted or secured.

If I CHOOSE to not wear a seatbelt, then I am choosing to potentially have myself killed. If someone 18 years old or older in my car CHOOSES to not wear a seatbelt, then they run the risk of getting killed should I get in an accident. Now, I can CHOOSE to not drive my car unless everyone is belted.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I grew up in the only state that doesn't require you to wear a seat belt all the time so my opinion may be a little biased.

Personally I don't think the government should mandate seat belts for adults. If you have a license I'm assuming you are a fully mentally capable adult who can make your own decisions regarding safety. Who else is someone hurting by not wearing one? You may end up killing yourself but you knew you were taking that risk when you got into a car without a seat belt.

And no I don't always wear mine...if I'm driving like half a mile I tend to not anything longer than that the dinging from my car gets on my nerves.
  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    I grew up in the only state that doesn't require you to wear a seat belt all the time so my opinion may be a little biased.

Personally I don't think the government should mandate seat belts for adults. If you have a license I'm assuming you are a fully mentally capable adult who can make your own decisions regarding safety. Who else is someone hurting by not wearing one? You may end up killing yourself but you knew you were taking that risk when you got into a car without a seat belt.

And no I don't always wear mine...if I'm driving like half a mile I tend to not anything longer than that the dinging from my car gets on my nerves.
    Right, because when cars crash bodies stay right in their seats...

life's a party, rock your body
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast