Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O Should "Click it or Ticket" be the law?

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    This might seem like a cold approach to this question but I'm wondering how a death legally affects the other driver. PPs saying that it doesn't really affect anyone else but does it? If I'm involved in an accident and it's ruled my fault would the penalty be harsher if there is a death? Do they take it into consideration if the person wasn't wearing a seat belt? It certainly would be harder to live with what happened if you accidentally killed someone else.

How about for insurance? Are you covered if you don't wear a seat belt?
    for the bolded, absolutely.

2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

This might seem like a cold approach to this question but I'm wondering how a death legally affects the other driver. PPs saying that it doesn't really affect anyone else but does it? If I'm involved in an accident and it's ruled my fault would the penalty be harsher if there is a death? Do they take it into consideration if the person wasn't wearing a seat belt? It certainly would be harder to live with what happened if you accidentally killed someone else.

I'm pretty sure that most insurance companies upon finding out you were injured in a car accident and were found not wearing your seat belt will either not pay your claim at all or will only partially pay your claim because they can reasonably say your injuries would not have been as bad had you been wearing a seat belt... I could be wrong though.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just read this again and wanted to clarify. These are some of the reasons why I think it should be mandated because I do think it affects other people. I was expressing myself by asking questions but I think it came out weird now that I'm looking at it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just read this again and wanted to clarify. These are some of the reasons why I think it should be mandated because I do think it affects other people. I was expressing myself by asking questions but I think it came out weird now that I'm looking at it.
    I don't think it came out weird!
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

You're good! I don't think your questions were irrational ones, it's actually good information to have!

6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    It's a law in Germany to have your dog harnessed in the car as well which I think is great!

life's a party, rock your body
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Yes, it should be the law. In a crash, if you are unrestrained you are a projectile. Inside of your car or out if you are ejected. A very LARGE projectile. That IS a safety issue for other people not just yourself. It's a piece of fabric that goes across you, it is not invasive at ALL. I do not understand the push back against seat belt laws.

8. Senior Member
    How is this even a debatable topic?!?!

Yes it should be the law! When people don't wear their seatbelt they don't just endanger themselves, they endanger everyone in and around the car in the event of an accident. When a car accident occurs any unrestrained people in the car become deadly human projectiles. They aren't just putting themselves at risk of dying...they are putting EVERYONE in that accident at risk for death or injury. Its a public health issue.

And when an unrestrained person causes the death of someone else in an accident by becoming a human projectile and killing the other passengers I believe they should be charged with the death of that person and held fully accountable for their incredibly stupid and selfish decision.
  9. Senior Member
    Good god yes. I 100% can not see a reason to not wear a seat belt. As thus, it should be a law that if you won't and you get caught you get fined.

Or what reptepdoc said on post 28.
  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post
    Yes, it should be the law. In a crash, if you are unrestrained you are a projectile. Inside of your car or out if you are ejected. A very LARGE projectile. That IS a safety issue for other people not just yourself. It's a piece of fabric that goes across you, it is not invasive at ALL. I do not understand the push back against seat belt laws.
    That's what I don't get... What is the reasoning for NOT wearing one? Just because you have been in accidents and nothing happened isn't good enough for me. Why take the risk?

life's a party, rock your body
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast