Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O Should "Click it or Ticket" be the law?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    If your (general) dumb ass self gets ejected from a vehicle it doesn't necessarily only impact you. You could get flung at another car, making them swerve and crash. Imagine driving with your child in your car and a fucking body gets thrown at your windshield. Or having to deal with your child seeing a body sticking through a windshield with blood and organs everywhere. There is no excuse for not wearing a seat belt. It's fucking stupid and dangerous for everyone around.
  2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by fraujennyy View Post
    Right, because when cars crash bodies stay right in their seats...
    Fucking thank you.

Not wearing a seat belt can turn you into a potential hazard to others. Say you're in the back seat unbuckled and you're in an accident. The sheer force of the accident alone can turn you into a projectile and cause you to strike someone else in the vehicle or eject you from the vehicle to another vehicle causing possible injury/accident to them. Does it happen all the time? No, probably not, but is it extremely possible? Absolutely.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Those EMT workers signed up for this sort of cleanup, dammit! They aren't affected by the stupidity at all! /sarcasm

Never mind the witnesses. I was entirely fucked up as a four year old when I saw somebody ejected from a car and killed in an accident. Could not sleep for weeks on end because I couldn't process what I saw.

And then there's what happens in the summer! A flying body is not a freaking feather. If it hits a biker? Game over. It can land on a moving vehicle and cause a bigger accident. And brings me back to witnesses, because holy shit the trauma of having a body land on your car while you're driving...

But again, freedom! While we are at it, let's let adults do all the unsafe things. ALL the things.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

assuming other people are buckled in they are protected. and honestly I've crashed a car without a seatbelt...i know its one example and there could've been other outcomes...but everyone was perfectly fine including myself.

like i said i grew up in the one state where that is acceptable if you are over 18.

would I go without with people or children in my car? no i personally wouldn't but my parents did my entire life, as did most of my friends parents.
  5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    If your (general) dumb ass self gets ejected from a vehicle it doesn't necessarily only impact you. You could get flung at another car, making them swerve and crash. Imagine driving with your child in your car and a fucking body gets thrown at your windshield. Or having to deal with your child seeing a body sticking through a windshield with blood and organs everywhere. There is no excuse for not wearing a seat belt. It's fucking stupid and dangerous for everyone around.
    I can't imagine subjecting my kids to that. Imagine if my forward-facing 3 year old saw ME get thrown through the windshield because I chose not to wear a windshield? He'd be fucking scarred for life.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    assuming other people are buckled in they are protected. and honestly I've crashed a car without a seatbelt...i know its one example and there could've been other outcomes...but everyone was perfectly fine including myself.

like i said i grew up in the one state where that is acceptable if you are over 18.

would I go without with people or children in my car? no i personally wouldn't but my parents did my entire life, as did most of my friends parents.
    Not necessarily. Read above.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This might seem like a cold approach to this question but I'm wondering how a death legally affects the other driver. PPs saying that it doesn't really affect anyone else but does it? If I'm involved in an accident and it's ruled my fault would the penalty be harsher if there is a death? Do they take it into consideration if the person wasn't wearing a seat belt? It certainly would be harder to live with what happened if you accidentally killed someone else.

How about for insurance? Are you covered if you don't wear a seat belt?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    This might seem like a cold approach to this question but I'm wondering how a death legally affects the other driver. PPs saying that it doesn't really affect anyone else but does it? If I'm involved in an accident and it's ruled my fault would the penalty be harsher if there is a death? Do they take it into consideration if the person wasn't wearing a seat belt? It certainly would be harder to live with what happened if you accidentally killed someone else.

I am almost positive that the answer is yes to all of your questions in the first paragraph. I am not sure about the second, but I hope the answer is "no" because fuck that.

I'm just getting irritated at the willful recklessness being expressed at this point.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post

In NH they do take all things into consideration when placing blame/punishment for accidents. If you aren't wearing a seat belt the other person won't be charged vehicular manslaughter unless they were doing something horrible to cause the accident (i.e. drunk driving etc) and insurance in NH also covers you either way because its not illegal...however its also one of few states where you don't have to have insurance either.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast