Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check splitting and alcohol

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

Check splitting and alcohol

Advertisements
    Is it fair to completely split a check even ways when a person in another part of the check orders alcohol? I don't appreciate having to chip in for the 3 $7 beers had by someone else. I was wondering if splitting the check is just that. Or is alcohol exempt?
  2. Senior Member
    I honestly just usually pay for exactly what I got and everyone splits the tip. It makes it so much less confusing.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Nope. I'll pay for what I get and split the appetizer if we get one. If I'm gonna drink 3 $7 beers there's no way in hell I'd let someone else split the cost of that. I'm weird about letting other people pay for my stuff though, but this seems like common sense to me.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    Is it fair to completely split a check even ways when a person in another part of the check orders alcohol? I don't appreciate having to chip in for the 3 $7 beers had by someone else. I was wondering if splitting the check is just that. Or is alcohol exempt?
    Anytime we go out with our friends or neighbors, everyone pays only for what they've ordered. Rarely have I gone out and everyone ordered the same amount of stuff. It's just better to have each person pay for themselves vs. someone paying more for stuff they didn't order and getting upset about it...
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

If I'm with friends, I have the check split to include what I got for myself. That's generally how I would separate checks as a waitress too unless they specifically ask to just split the check X amount of ways. So having to pay for someone else's drinks were never an issue.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I get a separate check if I'm only paying for myself with only what I order.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    If I'm with friends, I have the check split to include what I got for myself. That's generally how I would separate checks as a waitress too unless they specifically ask to just split the check X amount of ways. So having to pay for someone else's drinks were never an issue.

I tell the waitress as soon as we sit down that we will need SEPARATE checks.
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

I tell the waitress as soon as we sit down that we will need SEPARATE checks.
    I always appreciated when people did that because then I can separate the checks as I'm placing the order instead of trying to remember who wanted their stuff separated later.

9. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I knew we were gonna cost share, but not the drinks. I guess next time I will just make sure we get a separate check. I had no problem paying becaue it was me and the 4 kids. My kids can put away some food. My husband gets a beer like twice a year when we eat out, but if we were a group I would throw that money into the check instead of asking anyone else to help pay for it. I didn't know correct protocol so thank you guys for the responses.
  10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I just get my own check.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast