Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check splitting and alcohol

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    we always just split it all evenly....but again usually everyone is drinking. Honestly even if someone isn't drinking i think it evens out in the end because i order cheaper food usually.
  2. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I had to help pay for the other kids at the table also . And no kids meals it is a meal where they bring out everything and put it in the middle of the table family style. Every family got 1 chicken and some sides. My family each ordered 1 coke a piece (they provide cans, no tap). If they drank their coke they got water. We ordered 4 chickens and split the 4 chickens. There was 3 sides ordered above what is provided and we split that (and actually my kids didn't touch those). Hence we split it 4 ways. The only issue I have is having to help for others to drink. In the end you can only order the whole chickens. So whether I was by myself or with 4 kids we got the same amount of food for a set price.
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Normally I'd agree that someone shouldn't drink alone and split the check evenly BUT I think three $7 beers vs four $5-6 kids' meals (assuming your children all ordered off the children's menu as opposed to a full-price entree) is pretty fair. When we go out with a group of people we either split the check so that each family has what they order, or we just pay for everything. It depends on how many people are there and honestly which friends are with us!

ETA: Just saw your response. I think that person with the beers should definitely have paid more in that circumstance.

4. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    And we very rarely get kids meal. I get an adult meal and split between them. And like I said before I have no problem covering my kids costs.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Well now you know splitting isn't for you.

life's a party, rock your body
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    This is the first time in this situation so yes I agree now I know I don't want to split the check anymore. I knew he had gotten 1 beer, but in the end it wound up being 3. We had 14 people in our party and he was at the other end of the table. I had done the math and when the total came up it was way off. Then my SIL gave me a run down of the check.
  7. Senior Member
    The only time I ever split is with my sister. She and I always do 50/50 and sometimes she orders drinks other times she doesn't and sometimes I bring the kiddos and sometimes I don't.
    With everyone else I pay for myself and my fam.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Wait, so splitting the check isn't just paying for what you ordered even if it is on the bill with someone else's stuff? We also just hand over what we spent.

9. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post
    Wait, so splitting the check isn't just paying for what you ordered even if it is on the bill with someone else's stuff? We also just hand over what we spent.
    That is how I usually do it. This splitting the bill equally seemed fair enough given the way the meal is delivered. IT wasn't until I noticed the alcohol charges that I felt it was not the right way to do it. Like I said that was new for me. I just didn't know if I was the one who was wrong for feeling like I didn't have to pay for everything ordered if that makes sense.
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Yeah now that you gave more info on how the meal worked, that guy definitely should've thrown more in for his beer. Maybe he didn't realize he was the only one that had beer?
    ~Becca~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast