Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: California Set to Mandate Childhood Vaccines

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Also, FTR, my mom is still my role model even as an adult. I listen to her advice because she never steered me the wrong way growing up. What a fucking bullshit thing to say, baseball.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    You do right by your kids until you're rear-ended, sent through the windshield, and your kids are left without a mother.....but yay personal freedom etc!
    Exactly what I was thinking. I guess I can't imagine having any personal reason for not wearing a seat belt that is more important than my personal reasons for wearing one... being here to raise my kids.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I guess I can't imagine having any personal reason for not wearing a seat belt that is more important than my personal reasons for wearing one... my kids.
    "I don't wanna!!!" ? That's the only "personal reason" I can think of. Not a good one, but the only one I can think of.
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I would not sleep at all if I thought my children-of-adult-age were driving around without seatbelts.

I can't even back out of my driveway until my seatbelt is buckled, and that of all my passengers.

Have you ever seen what people look like when they're in a car accident without a seatbelt? Holy shit. And as an everyday driver on the autobahn...double holy shit. I can't imagine being slammed without a seatbelt on going the average US speed, let alone here.

Also...it's illegal to not be buckled in as an adult, I thought.
    My dad and uncle have worked SO many accidents as EMS and fire department where these people were not wearing seat belts and it is HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrifying to see the photos of what happened to them as a consequence of not doing something as simple as buckling up. If that doesn't make you want to wear a seat belt, I don't know what will.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Exactly what I was thinking. I guess I can't imagine any personal reason for not wearing a seat belt that is more important than my personal reasons for wearing one... my kids.
    Fucking exactly, holy shit. This "logic" (and that's in quotes because it's the farthest thing from actual logic that I can think of) blows my everloving mind. I'm grossed out by this. "Strap in now, kids, but PLEASE gamble with your lives once you hit 18! It's illegal, BUT FREEDOM!" in addition to the risk of robbing them of their parent because of whatever person reason you could possibly come up with the try and validate not wearing a seatbelt. Oh my God. Just, oh my God.
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I would not sleep at all if I thought my children-of-adult-age were driving around without seatbelts.

I can't even back out of my driveway until my seatbelt is buckled, and that of all my passengers.

Have you ever seen what people look like when they're in a car accident without a seatbelt? Holy shit. And as an everyday driver on the autobahn...double holy shit. I can't imagine being slammed without a seatbelt on going the average US speed, let alone here.

Unless you're in the back seat, at least in my state! And omg, those pictures of people not wearing seatbelts in wrecks are SO sad and scary! I've flipped TWO cars completely upside down. If I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt I would almost definitely be dead.
  7. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Exactly what I was thinking. I guess I can't imagine having any personal reason for not wearing a seat belt that is more important than my personal reasons for wearing one... being here to raise my kids.
    For real! I can't imagine leaving my kids without a mama because I was selfish and stupid enough to think that not wearing a seat belt is totally fine because I'm an adult and it's my personal choice.
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I give my kids the reasons why it is safe to be buckled. They have seen what happens when you don't wear a seatbelt dealing with some issues a friend had. I don't have to tell them to buckle. they know that is what they do when they get in a vehicle. Do I hope they continue of course. I want them to be safe. But I don't believe even in the slightest bit that when they are adults I am going to have a say in what they do.
  9. Senior Member

It is, I am pretty sure all (otherwise most) states have a click it or ticket law.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

My stepdad was ejected from a car when he wasn't wearing a seat belt.. his face was literally SCRAPED OFF of his skull. Scraped off. GAPING hole. It was the worst thing I have EVER seen. And now he is disabled for life, not the same person, and has monstrous medical needs. His life is a shell of what it was. It was horrible. I could never chance doing that to my kids when there is anything I could do to prevent it.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast