Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy chief fights for promotion

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Navy chief fights for promotion

Advertisements
    Navy chief with brain injury fights back after losing promotion | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

To me it sounds like he was doing a shitty job at work and if you're EOD you kind of sorta NEED to be on point - or what is it the kids these days say, "on fleek"? I think he should be fighting for better health care or treatment if that is REALLY what caused his performance to tank, rather than demanding he get to put Senior chief on. Since my dh made chief I've been appalled at the shit that E7 and above pull that an E6 or below would be crucified for. DUI's are swept under the rug, major fuckups that would get others kicked out of the military might earn a strongly worded reprimand and even then it isn't about what they did wrong that they are being scolded for, it's that what they did reflected poorly on the khaki uniform so for a chief to actually suffer some sort of punishment or demotion it's huge, HUGE so yeah I'm gonna go with this guy fucked up bad somehow and we're not getting all of the story.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Navy chief with brain injury fights back after losing promotion | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

To me it sounds like he was doing a shitty job at work and if you're EOD you kind of sorta NEED to be on point - or what is it the kids these days say, "on fleek"? I think he should be fighting for better health care or treatment if that is REALLY what caused his performance to tank, rather than demanding he get to put Senior chief on. Since my dh made chief I've been appalled at the shit that E7 and above pull that an E6 or below would be crucified for. DUI's are swept under the rug, major fuckups that would get others kicked out of the military might earn a strongly worded reprimand and even then it isn't about what they did wrong that they are being scolded for, it's that what they did reflected poorly on the khaki uniform so for a chief to actually suffer some sort of punishment or demotion it's huge, HUGE so yeah I'm gonna go with this guy fucked up bad somehow and we're not getting all of the story.
    Team Milfy on this. 100%. Something is off, here.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Based on what has been written, I don't see anything that warrants him being promoted. With the diagnosis he has, he needs to just focus on the medical retirement and taking care of himself. Be proud of what he has accomplished. It sucks he was injured and is experiencing the side effects he is, but that doesn't give him a pass to the next rank.