Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brides worst nightmare

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Wow even I know better.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Senior Member
    I saw a news story about this today. She is the sister/maid of honor of the bride and he was the best man. The couple was fully aware beforehand and I think they said it was the brides idea. Let me see if I can find an article actually talking to them.
  3. Senior Member
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2238488

I'm on my iPad so I can't easily quote but it was the brides idea and the sister being proposed to said this whole thing has really messed up their happy moment all because someone took their photo to reddit without fact checking.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would be more upset as the girlfriend rather than the bride. I would hate to be proposed to in the middle of someone else's wedding. Not my idea of a romantic proposal.
  5. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleeesi View Post
    I would be more upset as the girlfriend rather than the bride. I would hate to be proposed to in the middle of someone else's wedding. Not my idea of a romantic proposal.
    Definitely agreed! As a bride, it would be an annoyance, although it wouldn't ruin my day by any means. But I'd HAAAAAATE to be the one being proposed to at someone else's wedding. So tacky.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed but it wouldn't be my worst nightmare

Actually tbh having a wedding at all is my worst nightmare.
    Yeah, this. Though if I had been talked into having this big, expensive party and someone else steals the spotlight and proposes? Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening. If you want to propose at party or get pictures... Do it on your own dime.

The "rigged" boquet toss/garter toss would be cute, but also something planned ahead of time.
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if someone had wanted to this at my wedding, but I agree with PP who said it's not the proposal I would wwwant as a GF...I'd much prefer a private moment. Also regarding the brides face, sometimes people get caught with faces that look awkward (especially in happy emotional times when you're transfering between happy tears and smiling) and everyone reads completely wrong. I know that's happened to me about a billion times in my life, so I really wouldn't look at that photo and assume she was upset.
  8. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    The best comment I saw was to "get revenge" by announcing their pregnancy (or by going into labor) at the newly engaged couple's wedding . . . .

I wouldn't be bothered by this, tbh. But I was far from a traditional bride.
  9. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    oh hell yeah id be pissed. Call me a diva, bridezilla, or whatever.. but it is MY day

..theoretically
  10. Senior Member
    I'd be pretty annoyed if DH had proposed to me at another person's wedding. IMO that's neither special nor romantic. And he should know better

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234