Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Brides worst nightmare

  1. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,560

    #11
    Advertisements
    I think it's adorable. I'd be fine with this. But that dude needed to clear it with the bride/groom first.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    lavender_jane's Avatar
    lavender_jane is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,252

    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    Meh, really wouldn't bother me. But I really don't like being the center of attention, so to be able to share the spotlight with someone else would have been a relief for me. I loved our wedding and everything about it. But I'm so glad we had a JOP that I can look back on as just the two of us
    Omg same. I was sooo nervous at our wedding, I wouldn't have been bothered by this at all!

    How long could this have taken focus away from the couple anyway? Did everyone spend the rest of the time freaking out about the proposal? Prob not. I wouldn't do this and I wouldn't wear white to a wedding because I don't want to upset people but I think the whole "it's my day" thing is kind of overblown.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    JennyJennJenn's Avatar
    JennyJennJenn is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Me- NJ Him- Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,652


    #13
    What cracks me up the most about this picture, is the grooms face vs. the brides face. The groom is all like, yeah dude you're awesome! And the bride's trying to smile, but you can tell she's like, "seriously" haha hopefully she doesn't get pissed at her groom for being so excited about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  4. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,560

    #14
    I have to say, as the bride I think I would be MUCH more upset about the photo being spread around the internet than I would be about what is happening in it. I wonder if the couple will make any kind of response to this whole thing?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #15
    Tacky tacky tacky . I personally hate proposals that are so out there in front of everyone anyway. It's so much harder/awkward if she wanted to say no .

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Senior Member
    sldanlm's Avatar
    sldanlm is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,204
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    Meh, really wouldn't bother me. But I really don't like being the center of attention, so to be able to share the spotlight with someone else would have been a relief for me. I loved our wedding and everything about it. But I'm so glad we had a JOP that I can look back on as just the two of us
    This is kind of how I feel too, but then a wedding ceremony has never been something I've ever been looking forward to anyway (yes I know I'm an oddball) The more I think about planning a wedding, the better eloping looks I can understand though how some would consider it rude and be offended.
    Regardless though, this is FAR from a brides worst nightmare. That would probably be something more like getting shown up at the alter, or this

    Drunk Groom Caught Cheating On His Bride During Reception
    Last edited by sldanlm; 05-28-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo correction
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    lavender_jane's Avatar
    lavender_jane is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,252

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I have to say, as the bride I think I would be MUCH more upset about the photo being spread around the internet than I would be about what is happening in it. I wonder if the couple will make any kind of response to this whole thing?
    I am terrified of a picture of me somehow becoming a thing It's so crazy.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I think it's adorable. I'd be fine with this. But that dude needed to clear it with the bride/groom first.
    If it was a spontaneous thing, I'd not be too thrilled over it. I'd like to think I'd hide my discontent better than this bride but I probably wouldn't If it was a good friend who asked DH and I first if we were cool with it, we'd probably tell him to just make sure he waits until all the ritual-y cake cutting/first dances/speeches were done and then by all means.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KrazyKatLady.'s Avatar
    KrazyKatLady. is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    3,090

    #19
    the only scenario that I would be ok with would be a "rigged" bouquet and garter toss to a specific couple and then he proposes since the tradition is they're the next to get married. And it would have to be my best best friend or a family member



  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    lavender_jane's Avatar
    lavender_jane is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,252

    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose. View Post
    the only scenario that I would be ok with would be a "rigged" bouquet and garter toss to a specific couple and then he proposes since the tradition is they're the next to get married. And it would have to be my best best friend or a family member
    That would be really cute! And hey, photographer is already there so, you know, bonus
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •