Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocker! The Duggars Have Skeletons in Their Closet

1. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

Shocker! The Duggars Have Skeletons in Their Closet

Advertisements
    Anyone keeping up with this? The oldest Duggar had documents come out that showed he molested several girls, including some of his own sisters, and it was all covered up by both his family and a member of the police. He has resigned from the FRC () and my hope is that TLC cancels their show.

Josh Duggar Child Molestation Accusations: 19 Kids & Counting Star Responds : People.com

In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, Josh Duggar, his wife Anna, and his parents Jim Bob and Michelle are speaking out in response to reports that Josh was once accused of molesting five underage girls as a teen.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

"Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives," Jim Bob, 49, and Michelle, 48, said in a joint statement. "When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."

Their statement continues, "Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles every day. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey the good times and the difficult times cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything."

And Josh's wife Anna, 26, says she has remained supportive of her husband even after he confessed his "past teenage mistakes" two years before he proposed marriage.

"I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock," she says. "When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh, he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was even very difficult past mistakes."

But Anna said she had confidence that the counseling her husband received "changed his life."

"He continued to do what he was taught. [I know] who Josh really is someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended," she says. "Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right."

And for his part, Josh says he continues living with regret.

"I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions," says Josh. "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I've been following this. What really gets me mad is that (apparently) Jim Bob waited a year after josh told him to go to the police.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It makes me sad that the victims are the ones are getting dragged into the public for a story.
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    It makes me sad that the victims are the ones are getting dragged into the public for a story.
    This too.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Ugh, the old "nobody's perfect" line. Gross.
  6. Moderator

I am so grossed out by all of this. I read in another report that they sent him away to a Christian camp to help him deal with this, before they ever went to the police.

Those poor victims.

And seriously, TLC needs to cancel them. They canceled Honey Boo Boo, when her mom was dating a child molester. The Duggars need to be canceled as well.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I am so grossed out by all of this. I read in another report that they sent him away to a Christian camp to help him deal with this, before they ever went to the police.

Those poor victims.

And seriously, TLC needs to cancel them. They canceled Honey Boo Boo, when her mom was dating a child molester. The Duggars need to be canceled as well.
    I agree with this. I saw this yesterday and it made me feel sick. So gross.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I hope they cancel too, but I'd be a bit surprised if they did. Isn't that their most popular show? Seems like canceling could really hurt TLC.

I Eelizah
  10. Moderator

TMZ is reporting that the mom from Honey Boo Boo is threatening a lawsuit if the Duggars aren't canceled. Not that I like her, or her family, but seriously she has a point. The rules need to remain the same, across the board, no matter if the Duggars generate more money or not.
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast