Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: Shocker! The Duggars Have Skeletons in Their Closet

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    To be honest, I don't know how they could report this with any details that wouldn't leave the entire country to be able to figure out roughly who he did this too. The kids were almost never without their parents and I could be wrong, but I don't know if they ever really slept anywhere but home so just the simple fact of the statement that he did it to girls while they were sleeping leaves the very obvious conclusion that he did it to siblings.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oh and I'm also not shocked Huckabee took their side at all. The man is a POS.

I get that people are going to try circle the wagons because they think it makes that particular brand of religion look bad or whatever, but it's weird to me that they don't get that a whole group of people protecting a child molester looks a lot worse than just one person happening to be a child molester and being punished for it.

I also wonder if they're confused by people's reactions though ... the hard-core evangelicals I know think redemption is only possible through Jesus. So if you've gotten forgiveness from Jesus that is sufficient atonement and there's no need for official, legal punishment. But those other heathens need to rot in jail to learn their lesson. Pretty convenient how that works out for them.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Oh and I'm also not shocked Huckabee took their side at all. The man is a POS.

I get that people are going to try circle the wagons because they think it makes that particular brand of religion look bad or whatever, but it's weird to me that they don't get that a whole group of people protecting a child molester looks a lot worse than just one person happening to be a child molester and being punished for it.

I also wonder if they're confused by people's reactions though ... the hard-core evangelicals I know think redemption is only possible through Jesus. So if you've gotten forgiveness from Jesus that is sufficient atonement and there's no need for official, legal punishment. But those other heathens need to rot in jail to learn their lesson. Pretty convenient how that works out for them.
    Hatter said it best on my facebook status yesterday, so I'm going to copy and paste part of what she said here. I'm sure she won't mind, because it's important for these people to acknowledge.
    " Secondly, the government is not God. You may repent and God may forgive you, but while you're on Earth, you still have to face the consequences of your actions. How many of them would be cool with a man murdering his wife and kid, then repenting for it and getting off scott free? People are literally idolizing that family and it is unhealthy."
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCupcake View Post
    All for politics
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425