Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCSD Professor requires students to take the final exam nude

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

UCSD Professor requires students to take the final exam nude

Advertisements
    UCSD teacher has students take final in the nude - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

and naturally some moron parent is just outraged. The class isn't a required course, has been going on for 11 YEARS, and the students know damn well from day one what the requirements are.

What are your thoughts? I think the mom complaining is an idiot. If there was a problem with the class, the school wouldn't allow it to to happen for so long. Personally I probably wouldn't take the class, but idk.
  2. Senior Member
    Uhm... Is the kid in question a minor? Like why is the MOM making a ruckus when her child is an adult at college?
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    ugh helicopter parents -_-

But seriously, it seems like it was made very clear from day one what the requirements were. Either the student wasn't listening, didn't read the syllabus, or suddenly changed her mind about the requirement. No one forced her to register for the class, and it's her fault she didn't drop it if/when she realized the nudity part.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Uhm... Is the kid in question a minor? Like why is the MOM making a ruckus when her child is an adult at college?
    I'm sure there's some sort of age requirement for the class, and reading through it looks like the student can interpret "nude" as something other than just being physically undressed. It's ridiculous and I'd be horrified if my mom did that to me.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    ugh helicopter parents -_-

But seriously, it seems like it was made very clear from day one what the requirements were. Either the student wasn't listening, didn't read the syllabus, or suddenly changed her mind about the requirement. No one forced her to register for the class, and it's her fault she didn't drop it if/when she realized the nudity part.
    Yep, it seems like class is fairly well known at the school and it's easy to see the requirements for the course. It's not a mandatory class and the nudity thing is stressed from the beginning.
  6. Senior Member
    First, any mom complaining on behalf of her (adult) child about some college experience is a moron. Your "kid" is an adult; let her pick and fight her own battles. Support her, but don't spearhead the efforts.

Second, as long as everyone know from day one (or actually, from registration day since it can be hard to drop a class and find one that meets the same requirement if you wait until day 1), there's nothing unreasonable about it. It isn't like the nudity had no relevance to the subject matter.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    And that's why I try and teach my kids to always, always read everything first. There's a reason teacher's write tasks and syllabus.

It wouldn't be my kind of class, but it's not like it wasn't clear from the beginning. Tough luck. I'd rather fail than get my mom involved
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I think a mom being outraged is hilarious and I am sure that "kid" won't ever live it down either. That is ridiculous.
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    bahahaha how have I worked here this long and not heard about this before.

My bet is the girl 100% knew she would have to take the final nude and wouldn't admit it to her mom in case her mom lectured her or something.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm willing to bet the Prof would give me an "A" if I promised NOT to take the test nude. Anyways, that would be find. It just means I would have a place to hold my extra pens and pencils.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast