Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: thug is the new nigger

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    so all politicians or police officers are criminals to you?? sorry i find that slightly offensive...

a cop or politician who acts like a criminal is therefore a thug...and corrupt....but not all all

& on a sidenote, I will say that this topic of discussion reminds me of this picture I saw on FB last night...

2. Senior Member
    I've never considered it as a race term, just only to describe someone who's a criminal. I call my brother who is serving time a thug because he is and we're white/Hispanic.
    Last edited by BamaChica; 04-30-2015 at 11:01 PM.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    so all politicians or police officers are criminals to you?? sorry i find that slightly offensive...

a cop or politician who acts like a criminal is therefore a thug...and corrupt....but not all are
    Yes, I was joking.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Congressman?
    Police officer?
    I guess I should've clarified a certain type of criminal, one who uses some kind of physical force. (rape, assault, robbery, murder, carjacking, etc) I haven't heard of any politicians who fit that description. Police officers are sometimes required to use physical force to arrest people. Whether the use of force is needed or an appropriate level of force might determine whether that term is appropriate or not.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It's not the new nigger, though people have been using it as a dogwhistle for a long time. Are a lot of people blowing whistles really hard right now? Yes. But dogwhistles and slurs are totally different imo.
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    This really irks me. I heard that on the news about calling them all thugs. WTF. Yeah, they are all thugs. Every single person who was running away from that CVS with toilet paper and a grin on their face is a thug. Come on! Has nothing to do with race. Has to do with someone who willingly wants to pull the focus from the real issues and make it about them taking advantage from it all for some stolen toilet paper. Nuff said.
  7. Senior Member
    thug
    noun \ˈthəg\
    : a violent criminal

Yeah, no race or ethnicity associated with that word at all. I'll call people thugs that fit the definition, does not matter if it is a man/woman or what color their skin. If you are a criminal or look like a criminal, I will call you a thug. I really hate how the media tries to make everything into a race issue.
  8. Senior Member
    No, I don't link the two words at all.

I live in NM and almost every person I hear referred to as a 'thug' is Hispanic.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Regular Member
    The label "thug" comes to mind when I see someone walking around like a penguin because their pants are hanging below their butt and I can perfectly see their underwear. I don't particularly have a racial tag with it. The word brings phrases like uneducated, self-righteous and entitled to my mind even though that person has probably never worked hard for anything.
  10. Senior Member
    Ok yeah, the actual definition of the word is not based on any particular race. But it's not about the definition of the word, it'a about how it's being used. And it's absolutely becoming a way for white people on the news to say the n word without really saying it. Come on.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast