Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Freshman dating a Senior

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #21
    Advertisements
    If their parents are okay with it I don't know why you are concerned .

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  2. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Does it bother you that she would be charged if they got reported or got caught for this?
    Generally there is a 4 year age difference requirement, so let them screw around all they want and God bless them for it.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Account Closed
    Mrs. Nutmeg's Avatar
    Mrs. Nutmeg is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,436
    Blog Entries
    1
    #23
    Ummm not exactly sure why you're even the least bit concerned about this kid and his dating life, whether you consider him a part of the family or not.
  4. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    #24
    Also why all the self assurances that they aren't fooling around or having sex. Instead of that, talk to him and make sure they are bring safe.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Moderator
    twistertwin's Avatar
    twistertwin is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    8,573


    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Also why all the self assurances that they aren't fooling around or having sex. Instead of that, talk to him and make sure they are bring safe.
    That's pretty much my stance on it too.

    Like I said, I have a freshman. I am under no illusion that he's not going to fool around with someone, at some point. So, we have an open dialogue about being safe and responsible.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KrazyKatLady.'s Avatar
    KrazyKatLady. is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    3,090

    #26
    I know of several couples like this. and both ways with the guy older and the girl older. Age is just a number. As long as the parents are involved and know whats going on I think its fine
  7. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #27
    Yeah, I may be the odd one out, but I wouldn't be okay with that. If I was his mom, I'd let them go but I wouldn't be happy or okay with it. I would have lots of open conversations and voice my concerns but I wouldn't forbid it cause I can't imagine that going over well with a teenager.
  8. Account Closed
    KoalaBär's Avatar
    KoalaBär is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    10,193
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Yeah, I may be the odd one out, but I wouldn't be okay with that. If I was his mom, I'd let them go but I wouldn't be happy or okay with it. I would have lots of open conversations and voice my concerns but I wouldn't forbid it cause I can't imagine that going over well with a teenager.

    Also, 15 seems old to be a freshman in highschool? I was 13/14?
    freshman year is 14/15
  9. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    freshman year is 14/15
    Yeah I forgot I skipped a grade so I took it out.
  10. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    amandalouwho2's Avatar
    amandalouwho2 is offline
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jarrell, Texas
    Posts
    10,443


    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    I dated seniors as a freshman

    I think it's up to the parents to approve of the relationship, and beyond that it isn't really anybody's business. If they're not having sex, it's whatever to me.
    Yep, what Dana said. It's really no one's business but their own, if the parents are fine with it then that's their prerogative.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •