Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures of your kids "Loot"

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

Posting pictures of your kids "Loot"

Advertisements
  2. Senior Member
    I think that is utterly ridiculous. Some people will have more money than you, or be willing to spend more on Christmas gifts. Is that a secret or something? Are some people truly not aware of that without Facebook?

I guess if you can't post pictures of your kids Christmas pile without hurting feelers you should also not post anything about buying a new car, or a new house, or pictures of engagement rings, etc. Where does it end?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    People are so overly sensitive....
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I think people need to put on their big girl panties. If you think your parenting is better/worse based on the number of gifts you get, then thats your problem, not the people posting pics of their happy kids.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    IDK..

Its really hard to say.. all depends on the situations and the dynamic.
    If person says they can't afford to buy gifts, but yet they post a photo like that where their child is swarmed.. I'd say that's a bit rude and probably shouldn't be posted.

I also see a photo like this as a cry for attention and approval.

Personally, its ridiculous to have that amount of stuff for a child... if I saw that picture I would roll my eyes and tell myself that the person doesn't know the true meaning of Christmas.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    IDK..

Its really hard to say.. all depends on the situations and the dynamic.
    If person says they can't afford to buy gifts, but yet they post a photo like that where their child is swarmed.. I'd say that's a bit rude and probably shouldn't be posted.

I also see a photo like this as a cry for attention and approval.

Personally, its ridiculous to have that amount of stuff for a child... if I saw that picture I would roll my eyes and tell myself that the person doesn't know the true meaning of Christmas.
    I totally disagree with that. I love Christmas. I love Christmas spirit. I bake cookies abd bring them to the police/fire station every year. I donate and buy gifts for poorer families. I bought a goat for a family in Singapore. I LOVE IT. I love giving and the feeling of Christmas spirit and family and fires and snuggling with loved ones- and my parents spoiled us rotten at Christmas. Like...couldnt even enter the room because the tree had so much stuff under it that it filled the room. You can get a lot of shit at Christmas and still know what Christmas is all about.
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Wouldn't it be amazing if Christmas Spirit meant different things to different people?
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

That article goes hand in hand with the article about you shouldn't get your kids big presents from Santa because it's unfair to other kids.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I totally disagree with that. I love Christmas. I love Christmas spirit. I bake cookies abd bring them to the police/fire station every year. I donate and buy gifts for poorer families. I bought a goat for a family in Singapore. I LOVE IT. I love giving and the feeling of Christmas spirit and family and fires and snuggling with loved ones- and my parents spoiled us rotten at Christmas. Like...couldnt even enter the room because the tree had so much stuff under it that it filled the room. You can get a lot of shit at Christmas and still know what Christmas is all about.
    OK.. still won't change what I think.. i still think to post it online is attention seeking...

I have a whole other opinion if its a family member..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I will post whatever the fuck I want to on my own FB. Don't like it? Don't friend or follow me. Problem solved!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast