Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should sex after fraud be considered rape legally?

1. Senior Member

should sex after fraud be considered rape legally?

Advertisements
    US lawmaker Troy Singleton drafts bill to make obtaining sex by deception illegal

I thought this was a joke when I first heard it on the news, but it's not. According to this particular source, 5 states in the US already have some form of law that applies to this. I know someone who had a relationship with someone who claimed to be a seal and she was angry when she found out he wasn't, but that doesn't constitute rape.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    US lawmaker Troy Singleton drafts bill to make obtaining sex by deception illegal

I thought this was a joke when I first heard it on the news, but it's not. According to this particular source, 5 states in the US already have some form of law that applies to this. I know someone who had a relationship with someone who claimed to be a seal and she was angry when she found out he wasn't, but that doesn't constitute rape.
    The problem in your example is that she would have to testify that she only slept with him because he was a seal.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh and its a terrible idea.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post

I don't want to make light of a serious topic (not sure that deception -> sex = rape) but the whiskers and fishy breath didn't give her a clue?
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Must be a slow news day

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No.

Rape is forcible, saying you're a SEAL to get someone to sleep with you is deceptive and stupid but you haven't forced yourself on anyone.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRP View Post
    No.

Rape is forcible, saying you're a SEAL to get someone to sleep with you is deceptive and stupid but you haven't forced yourself on anyone.
    Its not always forcible. but there has to be lack of consent. Consenting cause you think a guy is a seal then crying rape-by-fraud when you find out he isn't makes you a slut. Not slut in the "you will sleep with anyone" type, but slut as in "you only slept with him because you thought he was a seal" type.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I don't want to make light of a serious topic (not sure that deception -> sex = rape) but the whiskers and fishy breath didn't give her a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Its not always forcible. but there has to be lack of consent. Consenting cause you think a guy is a seal then crying rape-by-fraud when you find out he isn't makes you a slut. Not slut in the "you will sleep with anyone" type, but slut as in "you only slept with him because you thought he was a seal" type.
    The navy seal claim just happened to be the only thing I'm personally familiar with. There are plenty of other examples, but the bottom line is some politician proposed the law in the first place. Plenty of men and women misrepresent themselves in a
    relationship, whether it's financial or otherwise. If there's some financial loss I can see fraud charges but not rape, not if there was consent to begin with.
  9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
  10. Senior Member
    What if someone was born a different gender and entered a relationship and chose not to disclose this information?

Edit: knew someone who was in a relationship and their sexually encounter was oral and that's when she became suspicious.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast