Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should America negotiate with terrorists?

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"

Should America negotiate with terrorists?

Advertisements
    Do you think our government should negotiate with terrorists to free individuals?

This article sparked the debate.
    The family of James Foley feels the government should have negotiated for his freedom.
    The mom goes on to say how if they had raised money themselves they could be prosecuted because it is illegal.

James Foley's mother 'appalled' by U.S. government - CNN.com

Thoughts?
    Opinions?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    For me its simply...
    We don't negotiate with terrorists. I feel bad he lost his life, but we simply do not negotiate.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No. We should kill terrorists. If you know that someone is captured, you try and send in a team to rescue them. If that can't be done, then you keep trying. You don't negotiate and give them what they want-- they're terrorists, their morals are subhuman. To give them ground is IMO morally reprehensible and yellow-bellied.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    No. We should kill terrorists. If you know that someone is captured, you try and send in a team to rescue them. If that can't be done, then you keep trying. You don't negotiate and give them what they want-- they're terrorists, their morals are subhuman. To give them ground is IMO moral reprehensible and yellow-bellied.
    This. Period.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  5. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

No. We should kill terrorists. If you know that someone is captured, you try and send in a team to rescue them. If that can't be done, then you keep trying. You don't negotiate and give them what they want-- they're terrorists, their morals are subhuman. To give them ground is IMO moral reprehensible and yellow-bellied.
    This.
  6. Regular Member
    Agreed!
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I understand as a mother them wanting him back and for the govt to fight for him.
    However, even as a mother I know to raise ransom is illegal.

He went there on his own free will and knew the risks. I'm sorry he got killed, but its a risk he took.

8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

No. We should kill terrorists. If you know that someone is captured, you try and send in a team to rescue them. If that can't be done, then you keep trying. You don't negotiate and give them what they want-- they're terrorists, their morals are subhuman. To give them ground is IMO morally reprehensible and yellow-bellied.
    1000%

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

The government negotiates with terrorists all the time, we just don't hear about it unless it's a high profile case like Bergdahl.

Negotiation has it's place everywhere. It's not always as simple as just "go kill the terrorists."
  10. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    The government negotiates with terrorists all the time, we just don't hear about it unless it's a high profile case like Bergdahl.

Negotiation has it's place everywhere. It's not always as simple as just "go kill the terrorists."

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast