Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Satanism a branch of Christianity?

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Is Satanism a branch of Christianity?

Advertisements

I mean, they believe in pretty much the same things as Christians right?
    They just don't like the big dude up top, they go for the down down low. And Christians don't like the dude down low, they prefer the dude upstairs.

They may not practice the same rituals or anything but they all believe in the same thing that happened way back when?
  2. Senior Member
    Ok, so, to start with I know little to nothing about religion so this is more my opinion than anything.

I don't think it is a branch of Christianity. Christianity is the practice of following the preaching of Jesus Christ. Those who follow Satanism obviously don't follow the preaching of Jesus Christ, therefore it's not a form of Christianity.

Annnnnd....that's probably a way too simple answer.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Moderator

I guess it would depend on how you define "Christian." If it's just a belief that He lived... a lot of people who don't believe He should be followed or worshipped could also be classified as Christian because they accept that He lived just as much as they accept that Hitler existed. But accepting Hitler existed doesn't make someone a Nazi, either.

Also, there are so many branches of Christianity that I'm sure some of them hold similar tenets, but my branch really doesn't. Satanists, I think, are focused on individualism and accepting natural instinct to receive pleasure. My branch of Christianity is focused on community and "putting off the natural man." Of course, a lot of the Christian world doesn't consider MY religion Christianity either. So again, that whole "how do you define Christian" thing.
  4. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    It seems like yin and yang to me. They're their own branch, with their own thing. I allllllllmoooooost feel it would be "disrespectful" to see them as a branch of Christianity, although I think your assessment is right.
  5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    It seems like yin and yang to me. They're their own branch, with their own thing. I allllllllmoooooost feel it would be "disrespectful" to see them as a branch of Christianity, although I think your assessment is right.
    I feel like both Satanists AND Christians would probably find it a little irksome.
  6. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Oh I figure neither side would like the comparison at all. I was reading the story about the dude that was sued by the church over a communion wafer and someone said something similar and I was like holy shit....when you think about it like that it does kind of make sense.
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I don't know much about Satanism, but the fact they use Christian...tokens? Relics? I dunno what word I'm looking for here but you guys get what I'm putting down I'm sure, but anyways they use Christian whatevers in their ceremonies and Christians feel the need to act against them with prayer and such so that they don't...hell I don't even know what they don't want them to do. But they each look up to opposite sides of the same coin I guess?

I swear I'm not drunk, I'm only nursing my second beer but I'm having trouble making sense lol. WELCOME TO THE INSIDE OF JENNYS MIND!
  8. Moderator

I think every religion has elements of truth. There's a lot about Satanism that makes sense. I think it's a relevant world religion, just not a Christian one. I do think that a lot of beliefs are shared, if you can extract the semantics issues and early assumptions.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

They miiiiiiight be able to be seen as an Abrahamic religion, but not as Christians. Christians follow the teachings of Christ. Satanists abhor the teachings of Christ and follow Satan. So...yeah. Maybe in the Abrahamic realm? Not Christian, though.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Oh I figure neither side would like the comparison at all. I was reading the story about the dude that was sued by the church over a communion wafer and someone said something similar and I was like holy shit....when you think about it like that it does kind of make sense.
    Wait used over communion wafers? That seems... Bizarre. I really don't see religions as belonging to anyone so the fact they can sue over stuff like that is... Weird?

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    They miiiiiiight be able to be seen as an Abrahamic religion, but not as Christians. Christians follow the teachings of Christ. Satanists abhor the teachings of Christ and follow Satan. So...yeah. Maybe in the Abrahamic realm? Not Christian, though.
    Yeah this. Unless they believe Jesus was the son of God and follow his teachings I wouldn't consider them Christian. I don't really know much about Satanism, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast