Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 15K shares in 4 days...yikes

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Over 15K shares in 4 days...yikes

Advertisements
    So this video has been popping around Facebook and it makes me cringe SO hard. Number one, it's completely unbiblical (Matthew 20:25). Number two, it encourages people to be mindless lemmings who follow a flawed human being rather than an honorable ideal (think swearing yourself to the Constitution rather than the President). Number three, it introduces this idea of "holier than" other people, which is total baloney and leads to so many of the judgmental attitudes that pervade the church today. Argh. Rabble rabble rabble.

Here's the video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1440356362855967
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Odd. She is saying one should put a pastor before god?
    If not, why else would she not want a person to talk honestly to a pastor? Is that pastor perfect? Once again, putting him above god.
    Hmmm
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Odd. She is saying one should put a pastor before god?
    If not, why else would she not want a person to talk honestly to a pastor? Is that pastor perfect? Once again, putting him above god.
    Hmmm
    Exactamundo. My jaw dropped when she said, "I've got a witness-- put your witness to sleep!" Are you saying that if God is leading you to something that you should turn off the desire to follow Him and listen to this pastor instead? Seriously?
    ​​​

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Well hot damn, she's on fire lol. Yea, no... it's insane. And it's scary to hear that the crowd of people (and apparently the 15k shares) are supporters of this message. In a world where Christianity (as a spiritual faith) is being bent to fit the mold of religion, so many pastors/preachers/etc are flawed in their teachings and have created an interpretation that is far from the truth. I've left churches because I did not approve of the pastor's message. And I absolutely despise mega churches that teach prosperity gospels... Those are JUST as scary, if not more, than what this woman is preaching. Like...wut Bible did they read???
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by #luci View Post
    Well hot damn, she's on fire lol. Yea, no... it's insane. And it's scary to hear that the crowd of people (and apparently the 15k shares) are supporters of this message. In a world where Christianity (as a spiritual faith) is being bent to fit the mold of religion, so many pastors/preachers/etc are flawed in their teachings and have created an interpretation that is far from the truth. I've left churches because I did not approve of the pastor's message. And I absolutely despise mega churches that teach prosperity gospels... Those are JUST as scary, if not more, than what this woman is preaching. Like...wut Bible did they read???
    Oh my gosh, YES. Prosperity gospel drives me nuts. Like, hello, Paul was shipwrecked, poor, and in jail. God does not make you rich just because you are faithful! Good gravy. I just hate false teachings that have no grounds in the Bible whatsoever. They're entirely crafted by man and the church and do a great disservice Christ's teachings that are actually in scripture.
    ​​​

6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Oh my. I don't even know where to begin with this woman. Is she an elder or pastor of this church? In what context is she preaching this message?

I am so grateful that my pastor has an open door policy to discuss whatever needs to be discussed. Good or bad.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Oh my. I don't even know where to begin with this woman. Is she an elder or pastor of this church? In what context is she preaching this message?

I am so grateful that my pastor has an open door policy to discuss whatever needs to be discussed. Good or bad.
    I have no idea what her position is. I've just seen some folks sharing it like, "Amen!" "Wow!" "Bam!" and "That's right!" It bothers me very, very much. And yes, same-- if a pastor wasn't willing to discuss an issue I had, then that would be a red flag telling me that that church isn't the one for me.
    ​​​

8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I couldn't give past the first 20 seconds. Eek. That brand of theology and others of its ilk make me wince and shake my head, but then a lot of theologies do. Reminds me of various charismatic and other trendy mega churches.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. Senior Member
    I could not make it past 30 seconds of her screaming rant.
  10. Moderator

I feel like maybe I can understand what she's railing against... but definitely not to the extreme she takes it to. Not my style of preaching, for sure, it was hard to listen to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast