Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend put into words what I could not.

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Sad My friend put into words what I could not.

Advertisements
    Let me say this...I love life and people. I may not understand them but I love them. I love animals. I love the planet. I love the universe. I pay taxes. I feel naughty when parking in a 2-hour spot knowing full well that I will be longer. I cry when I kill spiders because they have a place in our ecosystem. I respect authority and I believe in the philosophy of "serve and protect". I believe in our constitutional rights and I believe in freedom of speech.
    So, with that said, I was thinking about this all last night and clearly this morning. Jim Morrison once said "whoever controls the media controls the mind". I have seen an objective article on Dr. Baden's autopsy report on the body of Mike Brown and it blows my mind how some people are taking pieces of it to match their own conspiracy. When you read material from the media, take heed to know that if they are overly suggesting one way or another than it probably is not a credible source.
    Questions that I ask myself....
    Is it right or wrong to shoot an unarmed person?
    If it is considered self-defense, why shoot so many times?
    If it is self-defense, are police officers not shown how to defend themselves via the use of tazers?
    Are police officers professionally trained/prepared to handle situations like getting bumrushed?
    Is it part of the officer's oath to exercise authority by any means possible and to instill fear and suspicion in the community?
    Is it standard protocol to shoot rubber bullets and tear gas into the crowd knowing full well there are children present (not saying I agree that children should be out in that situation)?
    Is it okay to assume that because a person is black and wears his hat cocked to the side and has baggy pants that he is a thug? (How is this different from thinking that slutty acting girls with short skirts deserve to be raped because they looked and acted promiscuous).
    Why would the WORLD be responding to this in the way it has if he was just a thug? My guess is that this is bigger than Mike Brown or Officer Wilson and the next question, what can social psychology tell us about the reaction of the people worldwide? My guess (again) is that decades of oppression and barely existing and being left alone with minimal resources has created a microsystem of suspicion, resilience, frustration, isolation, and hopelessness.
    To say some of these things would suggest something greater is disturbingly wrong with the social fabric of our society and that is what I am concerned about. My life is worth the same as Officer Wilson's life and the same as Mike Brown's life. I cannot help that I have eaten from the apple of knowledge but my eyes are open and I have questions that go beyond what the media wants me to know. Fact Check and don't rely on FB or any politically positioned news station to provide you guidance.

And now they are deploying the National Guard after last night. My thoughts are why even bother? What can the National Guard do that the St Louis PD and the State Troopers couldn't do?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Guard and the concept of it. But more than likely they will not even arm them. Hell, my husband gets rifle training once a year and has NO training in riots or peace keeping.

Missouri National Guard headed to Ferguson | National News - KSBW Home
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think the idea is that it is a group that has no affiliation to what is going on.
    Also, those people are actually trained properly, and are supposed to be able to NOT over react.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Is it okay to assume that because a person is black and wears his hat cocked to the side and has baggy pants that he is a thug? (How is this different from thinking that slutty acting girls with short skirts deserve to be raped because they looked and acted promiscuous).
    I agree with a lot of your friends points, but this is the first time I've seen the comparison above and I think it's spot on and an explanation that a lot of people can understand or relate to.
  4. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I was up until 2am last night watching live feeds.

There should not have been children in that crowd, after Saturday night and the level it went to and there was even MORE people last night they KNEW shit was going to go down. Anyone that brought their kids out into that mess is a fucking jackass. It wouldn't surprise me if some people did it just to say "look what they did to the poor kids!"

As for the Mike Brown part of it, there is a youtube video from a bystander and you hear the background conversation of them discussing how Mike came back towards the cop. Also his eyewitness friend that claims mike had his hands up was with Mike when he robbed the store. Real upstanding reliable trustworthy source there, isn't it? Witnesses claimed he was shot from behind yet the autopsy report shows he was shot from the front. They can't tell if it was close range or not because they didn't have access to the clothes.

Protesters were shot by other protesters. Sat night there was an armed group at a BBQ joint. Last night the crowd rushed one of the vehicles and was trying to tip it over. When they started shooting the gas I WAS WATCHING. They were not shooting into the crowd, they were shooting it before the crowd to try and get them to back up because they were fucking looting and smashing places up. They didn't go in full force, they gradually increased after the crowd did not heed the instructions.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    And now they are deploying the National Guard after last night. My thoughts are why even bother? What can the National Guard do that the St Louis PD and the State Troopers couldn't do?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Guard and the concept of it. But more than likely they will not even arm them. Hell, my husband gets rifle training once a year and has NO training in riots or peace keeping.

Maybe this is a state by state thing, but my former partner (and all the trainees that were NG) got extra training in basic for riot control. Granted it wasn't much training, more of an intro. to it, how to use riot batons in a group, etc. They were told in a riot control situation most of the NG soldiers would NOT be armed with their M16, unless they were either designated marksman (with an officer present to decide when and who to shoot) or they were on some high risk guard duty.
    Last edited by sldanlm; 08-18-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: additional information
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Maybe the people will respond better to someone that is not just your run of the mill law enforcement. There is a very obvious distrust of law enforcement right now in Ferguson.
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

There is no curfew tonight and NG role is going to be limited.

I think it doesn't matter who is in charge they are going to show their asses and act foolish. There are people that came from outside the area that are there just to incite riots and antagonize.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I was up until 2am last night watching live feeds.

There should not have been children in that crowd, after Saturday night and the level it went to and there was even MORE people last night they KNEW shit was going to go down. Anyone that brought their kids out into that mess is a fucking jackass. It wouldn't surprise me if some people did it just to say "look what they did to the poor kids!"

As for the Mike Brown part of it, there is a youtube video from a bystander and you hear the background conversation of them discussing how Mike came back towards the cop. Also his eyewitness friend that claims mike had his hands up was with Mike when he robbed the store. Real upstanding reliable trustworthy source there, isn't it? Witnesses claimed he was shot from behind yet the autopsy report shows he was shot from the front. They can't tell if it was close range or not because they didn't have access to the clothes.

Protesters were shot by other protesters. Sat night there was an armed group at a BBQ joint. Last night the crowd rushed one of the vehicles and was trying to tip it over. When they started shooting the gas I WAS WATCHING. They were not shooting into the crowd, they were shooting it before the crowd to try and get them to back up because they were fucking looting and smashing places up. They didn't go in full force, they gradually increased after the crowd did not heed the instructions.
    I just kind of want to co-sign this.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post

DH got called out this morning. I know that he is armed. And he thought it was kind of ironic that they did training for riots at AT this year.
  10. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr1909 View Post
    DH got called out this morning. I know that he is armed. And he thought it was kind of ironic that they did training for riots at AT this year.
    Thanks dlr1909. Tell him I'll be praying for all of them tonight! And thank him for his service!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast