Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veteran turned away at six flags in NJ for offensive shirt

1. Senior Member

Veteran turned away at six flags in NJ for offensive shirt

Advertisements
    Veteran says Six Flags turned him away for 'offensive' shirt | www.kirotv.com

It must be a regional issue, because where I live I don't know of very many people who would take offense of the rifle. I know people who might take offense that the rifle is colored red white and blue, (one person I know takes offense at anything that is red white and blue except the flag itself)

The few times I've ever gone to an amusement park I never wore anything with very much graphics on it. Not that I was worried about offending anyone, just don't tend to wear that kind of stuff. Doesn't bother me if someone else does, although I wouldn't want to see profanity or sexually explicit images in an area where children are present.
    Last edited by sldanlm; 08-17-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

IMO, veteran status has nothing to do with why he wasn't allowed entrance.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    IMO, veteran status has nothing to do with why he wasn't allowed entrance.
    Agreed. I wonder if we'd be hearing about this at all if it weren't for the fact that he is a veteran.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  4. Senior Member
    I wasn't offended by his shirt but if six flags doesn't want to allow it in their park.... Well they don't have to allow it in their park. I don't think they owe him anything.
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Yeah stupid move on the park's part I'd understand if the rifle appeared to be shooting someone but it doesn't I've seen worse at county fairs.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What does him being a veteran have to do with any of this?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    What does him being a veteran have to do with any of this?
    It has to do with the fact that he's playing that as a sympathy card (or the media is), especially because the segment of the audience most likely to support his outrage is the same segment that is likely to have a lot of bullshit "support our troops no matter what" mentality. Doing something bad to a veteran is, to them, far worse than doing it to a regular citizen because 'Merica.

And a private amusement park has every right to make whatever rules they want about attire. If they want to ban Disney graphics because they see it as a competitor, they are will within their rights to do so.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I get amusement parks banning whatever they want but do they specifically say no guns? Or just rude, vulgar, and offensive is not permitted? I don't get how his shirt was any of those.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    People will find anything to be offended by. It's ridiculous.

I don't think the shirt is offensive and I don't think Six Flags' policy is offensive. Six Flags is potentially offended by the shirt and the guy is offended by Six Flags policy.

I think all of them are being ridiculous. You don't like Six Flags' policy, don't go to Six Flags.

Personally, I think getting offended over a shirt, an image or even words is stupid. But whatever.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    It has to do with the fact that he's playing that as a sympathy card (or the media is), especially because the segment of the audience most likely to support his outrage is the same segment that is likely to have a lot of bullshit "support our troops no matter what" mentality. Doing something bad to a veteran is, to them, far worse than doing it to a regular citizen because 'Merica.

And a private amusement park has every right to make whatever rules they want about attire. If they want to ban Disney graphics because they see it as a competitor, they are will within their rights to do so.

I don't really have an issue with the shirt aside from thinking it's ugly and stupid, but they're within their rights to not let him wear it into the park. And holy shit dude nobody cares that you're a veteran. Doesn't matterrrrr.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast