Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Possible Trigger, Abuse) Mother Whoops Daughter for Sleep Challenge....

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

(Possible Trigger, Abuse) Can't think of a title that wont bring it up in google....

Advertisements
    I urge you to not watch this if you have any kind of abuse triggers as I don't and it was very difficult for me to watch.

I put this here because of how crazy parenting stuff can get, but I'm 99% sure most of can agree this is mega wrong.

This came up on my news feed on FB this morning. Apparently, this girl was caught doing the "Sleep Challenge". I'm assuming this is the stupid challenge kids are doing where they are putting plastic bags over their heads and passing out on purpose....insane.

This wasn't posted on facebook as a "hey, look what a horrible mom she is" it's "lol, look at that kid getting her ass BEAT. Haha. LMFAO"

Now, I know this kid needs to learn a lesson here, and she needs to realize what a horrible dangerous thing she was doing, but this was just too much. I wanted to cry while I watched this video. Not only did this parent, in my opinion, go way over board in the punishment, but to post it online?

I get it, her daughter could have died because of what she was doing, and getting beat with a belt isn't as bad as being dead, this was just too far.

AGAIN.....I urge you to not watch this if you have any kind of abuse triggers as I don't and it was very difficult for me to watch.

MOTHER WHOOPS ON DAUGHTER FOR DOING THE SLEEP CHALLENGE! | FlyHeight
    Last edited by Abbynormal; 08-03-2014 at 12:40 AM.
  2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    That made me feel kind of sick. Okay, really sick. That's just. No.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    That made me feel kind of sick. Okay, really sick. That's just. No.
    Yeah, it's pretty disgusting.

I know kids get beat, but I guess I was just really blind to it all because I could never imagine a parent doing that to their child.
  4. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I could never imagine doing this to one of my kids, no matter what stupid shit they do.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh wow.... What could posses her to do that? Then to put it online??! She should have handled that situation differently...

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I can't find anything on the "sleep challenge" which is weird because usually the news is all over it when teenagers start doing stupid shit.
  7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I can't find anything on the "sleep challenge" which is weird because usually the news is all over it when teenagers start doing stupid shit.
    I think it's more commonly called "The pass out challenge".
  8. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I guess the pass out challenge is purposely getting yourself to hyperventilate. I saw a video yesterday with a woman talking about the pass out challenge and she said they were putting bags over their heads.
  9. Senior Member
    It's the same concept as the choking game that was really popular with young kids a few years ago because of the weird 'high' they would get right before you pass out. This is just a twist to make it fit with the 'ice water', etc challenges that are making the FB rounds.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Senior Member
    Ok abuse aside, what kind of trash do you have to be to film yourself beating the shit out of your kid and upload it to the internet?
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast