Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie theater charging full price for 4 week old

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Movie theater charging full price for 4 week old

Advertisements
    So my friend back home in Michigan is a new mom. She has a 4 week old baby girl. She also babysits a few other kids. I guess a few days ago, she went to take the kids to see a children's movie during the day. They charged her full price for her daughter. She's furious about it. She said she would have talked to a manager, but didn't want to at the time because she had the other 2 children. She's the first of my friends back home to have a baby.

I was just wondering if this is standard practice. I mean, that baby is 4 weeks old?
  2. Senior Member
    it's still another being taking up space. She shouldn't be outraged cause she didn't get something free, that's ridiculous.

3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't know. I can see why they might, but I can also see why they wouldn't. Either way I don't think I would feel "furious" for not getting a discount or a free show.

At the theater we go to there is a discounted price for children in general so I guess they would apply that to an infant, unless there is an unwritten rule somewhere that they're free.
  4. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    it's still another being taking up space. She shouldn't be outraged cause she didn't get something free, that's ridiculous.
    I mean, I don't know of sure if the baby was taking up any space, I'm not sure if she was in a car seat or not. What if she was holding the baby or wearing her? Would it be different?
  5. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    I think it's absurd. Heck, even money hungry stadiums don't charge for kids under one year old.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They may charge infants because they may disturb others with their crying. That is the only reason I could come up with.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. By the power of Greyskull...
    AMC theaters considers a child ticket at age 2. https://www.amctheatres.com/faqs/tickets-and-passes

Fandango states most consider it a child ticket at age 2, but can vary from theater to theater. Age policy and discounts
  8. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

If she's taking up a seat with a carrier, then I suppose I see it. But if she's wearing the child, then I don't see the rationale. It's not like the baby can even see the screen at 4 weeks old.

I don't have any children yet, so maybe I am off base with what I am about to say, but I also think it's pretty unacceptable to bring a 4 week old infant into a theater. The only reason to bring the infant is the convenience of the mother. The child isn't watching the movie (plus it's probably very loud for the baby), and the people around her will be disturbed if/when the baby starts crying.
  9. By the power of Greyskull...
    It's a weekday children's movie. During the summer most movie theaters run specials for kids at home during the summer. If I were to take Annabelle I'd expect parents with smaller children who may cry or need a bathroom break.
    Anna's 8 and still usually has to get up to pee during a movie!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    If she's taking up a seat with a carrier, then I suppose I see it. But if she's wearing the child, then I don't see the rationale. It's not like the baby can even see the screen at 4 weeks old.

I don't have any children yet, so maybe I am off base with what I am about to say, but I also think it's pretty unacceptable to bring a 4 week old infant into a theater. The only reason to bring the infant is the convenience of the mother. The child isn't watching the movie (plus it's probably very loud for the baby), and the people around her will be disturbed if/when the baby starts crying.
    Agree. To me doesn't matter time or day, it's not just your theater and there are going to be other people you could end up bothering.

Besides, I really can't wrap my head around being upset you didn't get something free. That's so... entitled.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast