Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Always Commerical

1. Senior Member

Always Commerical

Advertisements
    Always #LikeAGirl - YouTube

Have any of you seen this? It's making the rounds on my Facebook today. It makes me sad, but I really like it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I really liked that. Thanks for sharing.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I really liked that. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm glad you liked it. I really like when companies make 'positive message' commercials.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

It is a good one!!!
  5. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    I am not sure how I feel about the whole social issues as commercials thing...

But that said, yeah. It is good. But I feel like it is missing half the story, because how I usually hear "like a girl" used is not told to girls, but told to boys. As in, in my kickboxing class, the trainer used to say to the guys "don't hit like a girl" until I asked a few times "and what do you mean by that?" It is used in a way that both teaches boys to equate "a girl" with "a weakling" and to not respect them, and girls hearing that learn that this is how they are seen, this is what they are. It is damaging. But I think that is the far more common use of the phrase; not as something told to actual girls, but as something told to boys.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, I really liked that. I'm personally a fan of companies making social issues into commercials, because even if they're just doing it as a marketing ploy, at least they're getting the message out there. Advertising it the most powerful outlet of information to the greatest number that we have these days. Let it be a power for good, even if the motives may be a bit questionable.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."