Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da Fuq did I just read?! - Another Vaccination Argument.

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Da Fuq did I just read?! - Another Vaccination Argument.

Advertisements
    I was scrolling through this Hood Army Wives page I'm on last night and saw someone had shared this gem of an article:

A Parent's Response to the New York Times' Article: Eliminate Vaccine Exemptions - LivingWhole.org

I just fucking can't, I wanted to bang my head against the wall probably more times than I could count

This whole "anti-vax" movement is just disturbing beyond belief. And I know this topic is debated, discussed, wash and rinse and repeat a lot but this one just really peeved me. Especially the moms coming back on the thread on the FB page going "ZOMG I just loveeee that article, so accurate!"

2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    People are not smart. Would I trust the interwebs to tell me how to fix a broken car, or how to fix a broken leg, or how to fly an airplane? No, so why do the interwebs dictate medicine? Also, people dont know how to properly read scientific articles so they take things out of context and dont understand. Also, they are killing their own and other children, so, you know, thats cool.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    People can be ignorant.
    Educated by the internet and what some person 'thinks' is the reason why vaccines don't work.. isn't being educated.

People like these seem to not realize that their un-vaccinated child is harming the lives of others.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

The whole basis of her "argument", if we can even call it that, is that basically, if you don't vaccinate your kids, hooray for you, but if you do well that's horrible but thank you for vaccinating your kids so I don't have to now. It's irresponsible. And all of her "facts" are completely asinine.

I have a cousin who has an egg allergy and can't get the flu shot and we all do in our family because we would be devastated if he came down with the flu at his young age and it impacted him adversely.

My other thing to is, I have a friend whose child has autism and she said the anti-vaccinators really piss her off because they're basically making it sound like autism is the worst possible thing that could happen to your child. Like her son is so broken and messed up when he's just perfect the way he is.

5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    People are not smart. Would I trust the interwebs to tell me how to fix a broken car, or how to fix a broken leg, or how to fly an airplane? No, so why do the interwebs dictate medicine? Also, people dont know how to properly read scientific articles so they take things out of context and dont understand. Also, they are killing their own and other children, so, you know, thats cool.
    Gotta love Dr. Google Right?

6. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    BARRRGGGGGGG. Its so idiotic to consider it a "right" to put a ton of other people at risk. My friend (thankfully) is no longer anti vax but has her daughter on a delayed schedule as long as her exposure risk is low. That is fine with me. But to never, ever vaxx your kids?! I just. I can't. It is dangerous to people who literally cannot protect themselves, and that's just idiotic.
  7. Senior Member
    People are not smart.
    This.
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    i can't get over where she says that people like her don't vax based on a educated decision..
    yet the things she mentions is all heresy and what she has read or heard.. how is that an educated decision...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    i can't get over where she says that people like her don't vax based on a educated decision..
    yet the things she mentions is all heresy and what she has read or heard.. how is that an educated decision...
    That's probably the biggest thing that peeves me on these wives sites. They're like "Do your research!", "Don't trust your doctors!", "Make the best decision for YOUR family." Which yes I can agree with the last one, make the best decision for you family but don't do it at the expense of everyone else's kids. And why the fuck would you not trust your DOCTOR. They're fricking doctors!!!

10. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    People always worry about big pharma and sales reps etc..

1) the clinical trials that have to get approved come after years of expensive research, and the FDA often does not approve things, meaning big pharma just spent a shit ton of money that they will never get back for a product they cant sell. They arent trying to just sell so much shit, its SO hard to get drugs approved. For every drug that IS approved there are 10+ that went through hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in research and never made it through.

2) oh noes! pharma has sales reps! That means doctors just listen to someone trying to sell us shit! Um...no shit. There are changes made to drugs, and new drugs coming out every year. You think your doctor has time to stay up on that, plus the latest trends in treating GI disease, plus the latest trends in diagnosing this type of cancer, plus the latest trends on appropriate protocols for disposing of waste etc... No. That would be insane. So yes, sales reps come, tell us about their new products, and then, if we like the sound of it, we go and do our own research. That way we dont waste our time doing research into things that dont matter to us, and if something sounds good, we can then take the time to research it on our own. It saves us time and prevents us from wasting brainspace of trivial bullshit. Sales reps dont just come, sell us ona drug and we sign the paper to buy a billion bottles. That never happens, since OBVI with a sales rep you only get one side. But people go, 'ooohhh, big pharma with their sales reps and doctors just taking in all their lies'. People are dumb.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast