Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Iraq

1. Banned
    Banned

Iraq

Advertisements
    I do not think we should get involved in Iraq again. I feel like the situation will never change and our presence will do nothing to improve the situation. Your thoughts?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We should continue our cycle of interference in that part of the country, because obviously, we know better then everyone else. Including those have have failed before us.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    We should continue our cycle of interference in that part of the country, because obviously, we know better then everyone else. Including those have have failed before us.
    Exactly. We've already tried to fix the problem. And clearly, it didn't work. It's just more time, money, and military service members time (and unfortunately, lives) wasted.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissNik View Post
    Exactly. We've already tried to fix the problem. And clearly, it didn't work. It's just more time, money, and military service members time (and unfortunately, lives) wasted.
    No No! But we are America! Everyone wants our freedoms, and our form of government and it is our duty to force democracy upon all other nations. because it works for us, kind of, so we can make it work for them too. In fact, they will welcome our soldiers there!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    No No! But we are America! Everyone wants our freedoms, and our form of government and it is our duty to force democracy upon all other nations. because it works for us, kind of, so we can make it work for them too. In fact, they will welcome our soldiers there!
    True true! And they'll throw parties in our honor and remark with joy about the day that they were saved by America!

(On a side note, I kept reading your post with a French accent... I don't even know how to explain that!!)
  6. Senior Member
    Ditto!

Also known as "No we should not continue to be involved. Just like we should have never been involved to begin with. And I mean even earlier than Bush senior."
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

That part of the world has just about always been in turmoil, and our presence isn't going to change squat.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think to have any hope of improving the situation we would really have to commit to actual nation building, and would need lots of money, time, manpower, and international assistance. It'd be a hard sell both to Iraq and to the people back home so I don't really see that happening. If we continue as we always have, we will get the same results we always have.
  9. Regular Member
    This is how I've felt for the past few weeks.
    Last edited by kittycatastrophe; 06-22-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: too specific
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Why don't we just tell the whole again what all of our military intentions are and see if riots, fights, attacks, etc begin....

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't