Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Away Guns?

1. Senior Member

Taking Away Guns?

Advertisements
    Today one of my friends posted this on facebook. It made me pretty fucking livid. I get every person has the right to their own opinions. That is 100% ok with me. But do NOT try to force ME to live by YOUR idea of "perfect". You can tell me all day long you dont like guns. Thats ok. DONT OWN ONE. But dont deem me as a bad person or as someone who condones shootings because I know I have the right to have a gun.

They used such arguments as "To say the gun isnt part of the problem in a shooting is ignorant." When someone pointed out you can kill people with a knife the argument was " But there is a shooting epidemic, not a stabbing one, and so shooting, not stabbing, needs to be addressed."

Are you kidding me? I mean, SERIOUSLY? The "gun" isn't the problem. Its the person who chooses to use that gun for the wrong reasons. Or in the wrong way. Its the person who sold it illegally to that guy. Its the person who didnt properly store their gun, therefore it got unknowingly taken by the wrong person. There are SEVERAL things that lead up to and are part of the problem. When you start placing blame on an inanimate object, your just making it a little less wrong on all the other aspects. Taking that much blame off of the real issues. That gun did not grow a mind and decide "Im going to shoot those people today". And as for the stabbing bit, once again... FUCKING SERIOUSLY? How is a stabbing any less of a tragedy than a shooting? How is a shooting more important, that it needs to be addressed over a stabbing? Why is the knife not at fault, yet the gun is? There are SO many issues I have with this. It would take me forever to write out all the issues I have with people wanting to take guns away.

Want to make the screening process for people to buy a gun a little more in depth? Im not sure of the process now, but I'll compromise and agree with that. But dont you dare try to take my right to bare arms away because you think your right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is more important.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Senior Member
    I think the right to bear arms is protected in our constitution. I also think people should do it responsibly (I come from a family where everyone has at least 3 guns that are THEIRS, for specific purposes, so we are those crazy gun people...)
  3. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    How ignorant could you *you being the poster of the meme thing* be? How could you* just classify absolutely everyone who has a gun or wants to be able to have possession of a gun with a gun fetish and treasonous desire? Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant. Ugh. How can you* just not understand so much more than that

All you* are addressed at the poster of the meme thing. I agree with OP
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emily511 View Post
    I think the right to bear arms is protected in our constitution. I also think people should do it responsibly (I come from a family where everyone has at least 3 guns that are THEIRS, for specific purposes, so we are those crazy gun people...)
    I agree 100%! As I told the people I was debating with, if you give blame to an inanimate object, you are not only lessening the blame on the other aspects that ARE real problems, but you are also being very counterproductive on teaching how to use them responsibly, IMO.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelizah View Post
    How ignorant could you *you being the poster of the meme thing* be? How could you* just classify absolutely everyone who has a gun or wants to be able to have possession of a gun with a gun fetish and treasonous desire? Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant. Ugh. How can you* just not understand so much more than that

All you* are addressed at the poster of the meme thing. I agree with OP
    Exactly! Everyone is totally entitled to have their own opinion. My opinion: I am so tired of people being so damn self centered that they think their rights are more important than mine. I dont care what you (general) do. Let me life my life my way and you can live yours your way.
  6. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    Exactly! Everyone is totally entitled to have their own opinion. My opinion: I am so tired of people being so damn self centered that they think their rights are more important than mine. I dont care what you (general) do. Let me life my life my way and you can live yours your way.
    Don't like guns? Don't use them. I'll be carrying, just so you know.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Elsa View Post
    Don't like guns? Don't use them. I'll be carrying, just so you know.
    We can totally go on badass missions to fight crime together
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    I agree 100%! As I told the people I was debating with, if you give blame to an inanimate object, you are not only lessening the blame on the other aspects that ARE real problems, but you are also being very counterproductive on teaching how to use them responsibly, IMO.
    I agree with this a LOT. I think more often shootings are a mental health problem and only sometimes a gun problem.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  9. Senior Member
    I just don't even understand getting riled about this. They're never gonna repeal the second amendment. It doesn't matter.
  10. Regular Member
    Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
    That's all I have to say
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast