Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Actual Difference between Women who are Hot and Women who are Beautiful

1. Senior Member

The Actual Difference between Women who are Hot and Women who are Beautiful

Advertisements
    A friend post this article very enthusiastically.

Women. Weíre curvy, skinny, hood, pretty, cute, ethnic, bad, dime pieces, unicorns, babes, pieces of tail, juicy, fine, sexy, foxes, sultry, voluptuousÖ The list goes on.

When was the last time you heard a man describe a woman with an adjective that wasnít dripping in sexual innuendos and defaming premises? When was the last time you heard a man describe a woman by something that compliments her soul and her inherent elegance? When was the last time you heard a man describe a woman as beautiful?

Thereís been a loss of respect when it comes to admiring women, shifting towards describing us as objects, rather than people. Men look at women as pieces of tail, ďthingsĒ to be conquered, rather than appreciating women for their individuality.

A large portion of todayís men are momentarily allured by hair extensions, large chests, big bottoms and stilettos. They think sexuality comes in the form of bronzed skin, bikini waxes and fake eyelashes. Theyíve been programmed to believe that any woman with a sculpted body and perky breasts is attractive.

What about the women who donít want to indulge in the male fantasy? What about the women who just want to wear comfortable sweaters and flats? What about the women who donít dress to impress the opposite sex, but instead, to just feel good in their own skin? Isnít there attractiveness in that? Isnít there an appeal to that sense of confidence?

When did women become forced to acquiesce to this standard, or otherwise get lost in the crowd? When did getting a man mean painting on layers of makeup and investing in mini skirts?

There is a certain type of man that continually defames women, judging them solely on sex appeal, failing to see the actual grandeur of women. These are the men who donít understand the concept of natural beauty and uniqueness in flaws.

They donít recognize that ďhotnessĒ doesnít last past midnight, when the makeup has smudged onto the pillow and the hair extensions have been taken out. It doesnít last when the spray tans have washed away and the tight dresses have come off.

Itís not real; itís an illusion thatís been forcing women to conform to unhealthy habits for too many years.

Itís time these men are reminded of the difference between hot and beautiful. Itís time men realize that women have more to offer than just a body.

Women are stunning creatures, with assets and traits both unique and enchanting to each one of us, and itís time we started showcasing our individuality and stop giving in to the illusion of sexy created by man. Because beauty isnít about wanting to f*ck her; itís about wanting to be with her.

Hot is admired from afar; beauty is to be held.

Hot is perception; beauty is appreciation.

Hot is smokey-eyed; beautiful is bare-faced.

Hot is an appearance; beautiful is more than skin deep.

Hot is the way she moans; beautiful is the way she speaks.

Hot is a strong appeal; beautiful is strong mind.

Hot is youthful; beautiful is ageless.

Hot is conventional; beauty is unique.

Hot is a one-night stand; beautiful is sleepless nights.

Hot is a state of being; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hot is devious; beautiful is innocent.

Hot is bending her over; beautiful is baking her blueberry pancakes.

Hot is sultry; beautiful is wholesome.

Hot is her curves; beauty is her nerves.

Hot is a text message; beautiful is a love letter.

Hot is a facade; beautiful is a woman.
    The Actual Difference Between Women Who Are Hot And Who Are Beautiful

I gotta say, it really rubs the wrong way. I'm sorry, but why can't I be both? Why can't my husband appreciate my beautiful mind, but also my appearance? Why can't I be devious and sultry sometimes, and wholesome and innocent another time? Why as a woman must I be defined one way or the other? Feminism has turned into a competition among women. Women must strong and valued for their worth, unless they do something traditionally feminine like wear high heels or stay home with the kids. I am allowed to be hot and beautiful all the same breath. My husband appreciates my curves and my nerves, and to suggest he only look at one side of me is to ignore me as a whole person. And if he does that... I become an object, which apparently the author of this article was attempting to rail men for in the first place.

Maybe I'm just not getting the 'point' of the article. I do think women should be valued, but I don't think we should looked down on for traditional feminine things, like our curves, wearing high heels, etc. I think women can be appreciated for their looks and mind. I also don't think it's an insult to be called 'hot' Maybe I'm off the mark here. What do you think?

2. Senior Member
    I understand where the article is coming from, but I also totally agree with you. I can see a social norm of objectifying women, one night stands and judging a women based off looks alone. That IS a problem to me. However, while "what is on the inside" is more important to me than "whats on the outside", I also want my husband to acknowledge and admire my effort to look how I want to look, be how I want to be. I think BOTH sides are important. There are just appropriate times for both.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I agree with you that there's something off-putting about the article. One of the frustrations I have with so-called feminists is when they get mad that women make the "wrong" choices - how is that different from the men they're complaining about? Feminism is about a woman making empowered choices, not the choices anyone else wants her to make.

So yeah, it's kind of irritating to read that woman who wear makeup/heels/etc. are choosing to "indulge in the male fantasy" and to "dress to impress the opposite sex." Women should definitely wear what they like and what makes them comfortable. It's sad when they get flack from other women for it.
    Banned
    I feel like the article almost shames women for wanting to be feminine and do feminine things. Which is just as bad as shaming a woman who doesn't comform to the typical beautiful standard.

I think both types of women should be celebrated because women should be able to whatever the eff they want to do.

You don't see articles talking about guys who spend hours at the gym versus guys who spend hours sitting around not caring about their appearance.

You do you, be who you want to be and don't let some overzealous person tell you otherwise.
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna♥Matata View Post
    I feel like the article almost shames women for wanting to be feminine and do feminine things. Which is just as bad as shaming a woman who doesn't comform to the typical beautiful standard.

I think both types of women should be celebrated because women should be able to whatever the eff they want to do.

You don't see articles talking about guys who spend hours at the gym versus guys who spend hours sitting around not caring about their appearance.

You do you, be who you want to be and don't let some overzealous person tell you otherwise.

I can bend over in heels and smokey eyes for my husband, and wake up barefaced to him calling me beautiful and making pancakes. And the next night make slow, sweet love, because I am beautiful and so is he.

This article shames men too. I am irritated by this for my husband, and I not impressed by this writer.

Rock on bdizzle.
  6. Senior Member
    ugh I hate shit like this. Not only does it insult women who are smart, talented, AND smoking hott but it is also extremely insulting to men. I like to think that I look damn good when I get all dolled up for DH in a cute dress and high heels. But I know that DH is also madly in love with me for who I am not just how I look.

To be honest, this article's description of beautiful sounds downright BORING!!! I will take this article's "hott" over "beautiful" any day. Bring on the text messages, youth, sultriness, and curves! Also, this may be TMI but DH and I LOVE our one-night stands...with each other of course
  7. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I understand the article, and agree with it in part. I enjoy dressing up, wearing makeup and high heels, and I look damn good doing so. But I don't/wouldn't describe myself as "hot." :shudder: I just don't like that word. It's what teen boys and young men said about young women in high school and college. So it's a bit weird for grown men to only know women to be "hot." It's a word that just seems juvenile to me, and apart from high school days and few other instances, being referred to as "hot" is pretty foreign. Only on rare occasions have I used the term "hot," and almost always it was joined with an expletive. Deliciously sexy, devastatingly gorgeous/handsome, and even beautiful, I much prefer.

Sexy, I like sexy. It can refer to one's sultry appearance and their attitude. That I like... a lot. It can encompass more than one's appearance. Sexy can be a lot of things the article describes as "hot," but can go even further. There is also beauty in many things, and not just the things it describes.

Some may not want to admit it, but both the inside and outside count. Attraction/appearance matters, and there's nothing wrong with admiring aesthetics. But words have connotations, they carry certain contexts and meaning. I just like the meaning of some more than others.
    Pax, Aeon
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by ∆on View Post
    I understand the article, and agree with it in part. I enjoy dressing up, wearing makeup and high heels, and I look damn good doing so. But I don't/wouldn't describe myself as "hot." :shudder: I just don't like that word. It's what teen boys and young men said about young women in high school and college. So it's a bit weird for grown men to only know women to be "hot." It's a word that just seems juvenile to me, and apart from high school days and few other instances, being referred to as "hot" is pretty foreign. Only on rare occasions have I used the term "hot," and almost always it was joined with an expletive. Deliciously sexy, devastatingly gorgeous/handsome, and even beautiful, I much prefer.

Sexy, I like sexy. It can refer to one's sultry appearance and their attitude. That I like... a lot. It can encompass more than one's appearance. Sexy can be a lot of things the article describes as "hot," but can go even further. There is also beauty in many things, and not just the things it describes.

Some may not want to admit it, but both the inside and outside count. Attraction/appearance matters, and there's nothing wrong with admiring aesthetics. But words have connotations, they carry certain contexts and meaning. I just like the meaning of some more than others.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    I think it's fucking stupid that they think "beautiful" is inherently nicer, or more meaningful. They're just words. People use them in a lot of ways. No question I could find a guy that was a complete dick with bad intentions to call me beautiful based on my ass alone, and no question my husband calls me hot when he means he's attracted to everything about me including my mind.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ∆on View Post

I love my heels, smokey eye etc. I actually like being hot. Truthfully though, what happens when you wipe that face off or than tan.

I do agree that society is becoming consumed by fakeness to an extent. Being beautiful a is much more important to me than being hot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast