1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Big Grin Solar Freaking Roadways!!

Advertisements
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think it is a good idea. The only issue I could see is the initial cost .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DH is obsessed with this idea.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I saw this the other day and I think it's an awesome idea but the cost involved would be huge, I would think.
  5. Senior Member
    I saw this. I think it would be ok for personal driveways and sidewalks and store parking lots. But roads and highways. No. The idea sounds great but it would be putting thousands of people out of work. And to replace every single road in the US? Yeah good luck on that. For that reason alone I can't support the idea for roads. But it is really cool and creative and I would do my driveway and sidewalks/pathways on my private home.
  6. Senior Member
    Okay awesome. I wonder how long they actually last and if they would actually "pay for themselves" with the electricity generated... So basically I am saying some town/city needs to do a trial of these because they seem awesome in theory.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I saw this. I think it would be ok for personal driveways and sidewalks and store parking lots. But roads and highways. No. The idea sounds great but it would be putting thousands of people out of work. And to replace every single road in the US? Yeah good luck on that. For that reason alone I can't support the idea for roads. But it is really cool and creative and I would do my driveway and sidewalks/pathways on my private home.
    I dont think I could support it due to losing so many jobs. Its hard enough for most people to find jobs as it is. Yes, it may create a few new jobs, but no where enough to cover the amount cut. Not to mention the initial cost would be astronomical. They may "pay for themselves" in the long run, but our country is far too in debut for something like this. But as a personal choice for driveways ect they would be cool. Or for schools like the basketball court idea.
  8. Senior Member
    And than I know they said it has been tested, but did they go to all over the US and earthquake test it? Temp changes over and over and over again, as in several years worth of temp changes not one season? Full load semis and plenty of them driving up and down the roads over and over again?
  9. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    I think this is a wonderful idea. I am concerned it'd never take off because of how deep the political hands are in the pockets of big oil.
  10. Senior Member
    I think it's a really great idea, but not entirely sure it will work exactly how they are saying it will. I am definitely interested in something like this being tested and advanced further though!