Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Openly Gay NFL Draft Sam could be fired for being gay..

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"

Openly Gay NFL Draft Sam could be fired for being gay..

Advertisements
    Rams drafting Michael Sam could impact Missouri law

This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.

Missouri needs to get their act together. How can a state law supercede a federal one?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Living in Missouri can be like traveling back in time. And not in the cool way, like in the TARDIS. In a major uncool way.

There are a lot of great people and a lot of really great things about Missouri, don't get me wrong. But some of their political shit is embarrassing.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post

Missouri needs to get their act together. How can a state law supercede a federal one?
    This article is a little misleading. No, he can't be fired for being gay because he is under an employment contract which gives him greater rights than state law.
    This article is using a bad popular example to nearly say that the state's laws do not classify sexual orientation as a protected class.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Missouri is a backwards state in many regards. I wouldn't work there anyway since a few cities (at least KC and St Louis) charge you an earnings tax if you work in the city.

But that said him being gay is not a news flash anymore so the Rams can't act like they don't know and since they drafted him anyways I am going to guess him being gay is meaningless to him.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post

Which federal law is that? Did ENDA pass and I wasn't aware of it? You can potentially be fired or not hired for being gay in my state too, and in many other states.