Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast-Food Workers to go on Strike for higher minimum wage

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"

Fast-Food Workers to go on Strike for higher minimum wage

Advertisements
    Flame me if you will but I have a serious problem with this.
    I don't think a fast food employee should get paid $15 an hour. To me, anything above $10-$12/hr is a trade, something you have to have a skill or education for.

I don't think a fast food worker (common workplace for teenagers) is worth $15. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to work fast food, nor is it a trade. I mean $15/hr is more money than a low level secretary, or entry level office clerk...

I just...

Fast-food worker strike about to go global

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Senior Member
    There is no fucking way somebody who hands food out a drivethru window should get paid $15 an hour. I understand it's a somewhat stressful and unpleasant job, but it requires no skill and they can replace you with literally anybody off the street.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The horrible, evil part of my personality hopes that this happens, that fast food restaurants face significant financial loss because of it and are forced to close.

And then American's won't have access to fast food that is slowly killing them.

Yes, not popular and contrary to free enterprise but I'm so tired of this story. People are so freaking entitled and it drives me mad.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There is no fucking way somebody who hands food out a drivethru window should get paid $15 an hour. I understand it's a somewhat stressful and unpleasant job, but it requires no skill and they can replace you with literally anybody off the street.
    THIS.

The sense of entitlement is just...wow.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    THIS.

JINX!
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I don't care if they strike. It's their right to do so and I don't think anyone ACTUALLY expects to get 15$ per hour. I see it as a way to raise awareness about the shitty working conditions, not a real demand to suddenly make 15$/hr. Maybe instead they'll get some sick time (something I heavily support considering they are touching people's food), or better hours, or more promotion opportunities, or healthcare or whatever.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    The horrible, evil part of my personality hopes that this happens, that fast food restaurants face significant financial loss because of it and are forced to close.

And then American's won't have access to fast food that is slowly killing them.

Yes, not popular and contrary to free enterprise but I'm so tired of this story. People are so freaking entitled and it drives me mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    THIS.

Entitlement.. yes.. thank you...

Never thought of it that way either Lynn... what would America do if there wasn't any fast food...
    Hmmm gee..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I don't care if they strike. It's their right to do so and I don't think anyone ACTUALLY expects to get 15$ per hour. I see it as a way to raise awareness about the shitty working conditions, not a real demand to suddenly make 15$/hr. Maybe instead they'll get some sick time (something I heavily support considering they are touching people's food), or better hours, or more promotion opportunities, or healthcare or whatever.
    What do you mean shitty working conditions?
    McDonald's has a benefit package just like any other corporation. Places like it are geared towards hiring teenagers or those less skilled, they aren't in the business of making employees rich. But they are given sick time, decent hours and promotion opportunities, just like other corporations. Can you be more specific on what you are talking about?

9. Senior Member
    I want to see the people's lifestyle who demand $15 an hour.

I'm not sure what could warrant that much money to sustain someone's personal living standards.
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    I want to see the people's lifestyle who demand $15 an hour.

I'm not sure what could warrant that much money to sustain someone's personal living standards.
    yeah.. that too..

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast