Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince George Possibly Photoshopped

Banned

Prince George Possibly Photoshopped

Advertisements

Us Weekly Is Accused of Photoshopping Prince George - TIME

U.S. Weekly has been accused of photoshopping the cover picture of Prince George.

The story on the news went on to elaborate on the effects of photoshopping in the media. Specifically, female bodies in advertisements and how the "model" on the page looks nothing like the woman in the magazine.

My personal feelings on the photoshop trend and the medias standard of beauty is that things have gone out of control and the statistical results are scary.

42% of 1st-3rd grade girls want to be thinner (Collins, 1991).

81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat (Mellin et al., 1991).

Of American, elementary school girls who read magazines, 69% say that the pictures influence their concept of the ideal body shape. 47% say the pictures make them want to lose weight (Martin, 2010).

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders....ting-disorders
    Add to those statistics the fact that less than 5% of women can naturally achieve the ideal body type and I think that's a real problem for our youth today.
    https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...out-body-image
  2. Senior Member
    I'm confused. He looks exactly the same to me in both of those photos. The only difference to me is lighting.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Am I missing something? It looks like they just brightened it a bit, it's not like they made him look skinny or pasted his head on another baby's body or something.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I see no difference in his photos. . . .
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I've seen this story and I don't know how to feel about it. Obviously the photo is altered, but I agree that the original is very blue. It kind of just looks like they balanced the colors out to me ... the original was too blue and everything looked washed out, that's a technical error and nothing to do with George's appearance. The second picture is more flattering but I think it's because it looks more natural, like a person would when you see them face-to-face, and not because they altered the way he looks to conform to a beauty standard.

Maybe I'm being naive though.
  6. Senior Member
    Ok now that I actually read some of the link, I guess they're being accused of making him look tanner and his cheeks rosier? what kind of bullshit. God forbid they alter the color slightly so their magazine stands out against others on the newsstand. I feel like "photoshopping" has a very specific connotation, the photo is obviously edited slightly but it's not at all a big deal in my opinion.
  7. Senior Member
    Balancing the colors is very different than changing body proportions of models. This exactly how photoshop should be used.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That looks edited, not photoshoped. The photographer that took the boys' pictures a week ago fixed color balancing exactly the same. She didn't photoshop either kid or make them tanner
  9. Senior Member
    To be honest, I like the blue tinted photo.

The OP is written in a way that makes me think you're saying the photo was edited to make the baby thinner. Is that what you're saying?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Balancing the colors is very different than changing body proportions of models. This exactly how photoshop should be used.
    This.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast