Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Twerking

1. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

Giggle Twerking

Advertisements
    I was invited to a event this morning & several Milsos' & soldiers from different branches brought up the subject of TWERKING!
    According to a few individuals the Military is getting soft & allowing pop culture to take over certain events (balls, bbq etc.) which is disrespectful in their eyes!
    Although, I have NEVER SEEN twerking at a event, according to them "twerking" is happening at events & it is major issue!!!! (officers/enlisted wives & even same sex couples were all twerking)
    Some blame the husbands for not controlling their relationship or wives..etc.

LETS just say the topic turned into a debate.

SO what do ya'll think?
    Anyone seen twerking at a event?
    Who is to blame?
    Should there be rules on how to dance at Military events?
    Or should we not care and let people enjoy themselves!!

I'll post the latest video that is streaming social media right now:

Have a great weekend

mash'Allah
    Last edited by HisMilso; 04-27-2014 at 04:49 AM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

ummmm....they thought it was the men's fault for not controlling their women??? wtf? that is soooo outdated and wrong.

as for the twerking IMO its classless, especially in a ball gown, but to each their own if someone wants to do it they can. I don't think the ball should have rules on dancing because as the population evolves dance styles evolve. Older people would say their should be a foot of room between dancers but obviously in todays society thats not considered normal.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Are there not already rules on how to behave at balls? I always assumed there were but hadn't put much thought into it.

Regardless, I don't see the harm in a bit of pop culture at formal events but I was never a big fan of the stuffy/traditional side of things anyway. Like for example, I think grinding on someone (which I have seen at a ball) is worse than someone twerking like in the video. But if people want to grind on each other I don't really care either way, like I wouldn't personally feel disrespected or whatever.

As for whose fault it is, I think its' the fault of the person being inappropriate and expecting someone to "control" their spouse anymore than they'd control any other guest they bring is a weird concept to me. I would only place blame with the spouse if they didn't address/correct the behavior. If I took DH to a work event and he acted inappropriately I would immediately handle it, and if it started any drama we would leave.
  4. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    ummmm....they thought it was the men's fault for not controlling their women??? wtf? that is soooo outdated and wrong.

as for the twerking IMO its classless, especially in a ball gown, but to each their own if someone wants to do it they can. I don't think the ball should have rules on dancing because as the population evolves dance styles evolve. Older people would say their should be a foot of room between dancers but obviously in todays society thats not considered normal.
    EXACTLY, women are not children!
    I wouldn't do it but who AM i to judge them (they're adults).
    & ha I agree
  5. Senior Member
    It's trashy, IMO. But hey, whatever dude. If you want to dance like that in front of your husband's boss, go for it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    It's trashy, IMO. But hey, whatever dude. If you want to dance like that in front of your husband's boss, go for it.
    YEAH, I thought the same think "what must their husbands commander thinking when she's on the floor"
  7. Senior Member
    Lmaooo at twerking being considered a "major issue"
  8. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Are there not already rules on how to behave at balls? I always assumed there were but hadn't put much thought into it.

Regardless, I don't see the harm in a bit of pop culture at formal events but I was never a big fan of the stuffy/traditional side of things anyway. Like for example, I think grinding on someone (which I have seen at a ball) is worse than someone twerking like in the video. But if people want to grind on each other I don't really care either way, like I wouldn't personally feel disrespected or whatever.

As for whose fault it is, I think its' the fault of the person being inappropriate and expecting someone to "control" their spouse anymore than they'd control any other guest they bring is a weird concept to me. I would only place blame with the spouse if they didn't address/correct the behavior. If I took DH to a work event and he acted inappropriately I would immediately handle it, and if it started any drama we would leave.
    Yes, i agree with handling it at that moment and I am not sure about the rules at balls.
    does anyone know?
  9. Senior Member
    And what an odd tagline to add to the end of your post on something related to twerking. Is that just a signature you normally use?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh good lordess.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast