Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Photo editors and amateur historians, please help!

1. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!

Photo editors and amateur historians, please help!

Advertisements
    This is one of those stories a gal just can't make up:

Michael Smith went outside shirtless after being awakened Tuesday morning, yelling at tree removal workers to get off his property. The workers thought they saw a gun in his waistband and called police

Smith, who had gone back to bed, was awakened again minutes later this time by Maine State Police at his front door, backed up by a group of troopers with assault rifles in his driveway. They were asking him via a megaphone to come out of his house.

Smith did have a gun. It was tattooed on his stomach. No charges will be filed against Smith. Several police standoffs with armed men have occurred in central Maine in recent years, some of them deadly.

My question is - those commenting on the story allege that the tats on his left arm are white supremacy tats. I can't make anything out well enough or I don't know the symbols to reach that conclusion. (I think I see a dog, an eagle, a skull, and the cross, but it's not a swastika.)

Can anyone either enhance the photo and/or help identify the symbols? I'd like to be better educated.

Oh - and I put this in debates just in case folks wanted to comment on the gun issue. Maine is an open carry state.

Maine man with gun tattoo wakes up to armed police | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

the eagle on his inner arm looks like that nazi emblem to me. like this one:
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, he is wearing is an emblam of the nazi party (the eagle) , and the iron cross, another nazi award. He also likely has an "88" on him somewhere.
    As for the gun tat, I am pretty sure that might get him shot one of these days.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Oh my. That gun tattoo does not seem like a good idea
  5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post
    the eagle on his inner arm looks like that nazi emblem to me. like this one:
    Thank you! It's a lot easier to match image to image. I wish he had posed in such a way that I could see his left arm better. Although, give the photographer props - depending on the angle, that gun tat looks three dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Yeah, he is wearing is an emblam of the nazi party (the eagle) , and the iron cross, another nazi award. He also likely has an "88" on him somewhere.
    As for the gun tat, I am pretty sure that might get him shot one of these days.
    Forgive me (I feel seriously dense) but what is the "88" for?

As for getting shot - check out what greeted him:

Of course, both sides of the weapons debate are posting in full force on the story.

(Yes, that is a snow bank.)
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Thank you! It's a lot easier to match image to image. I wish he had posed in such a way that I could see his left arm better. Although, give the photographer props - depending on the angle, that gun tat looks three dimensional.

Forgive me (I feel seriously dense) but what is the "88" for?

As for getting shot - check out what greeted him:

Of course, both sides of the weapons debate are posting in full force on the story.

(Yes, that is a snow bank.)
    its ok. the eighth letter of the alphabet is H. 88=HH=Heil Hitler.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The tattoo on the inner part of his arms looks like crossed hammers, which is a symbol some fascist groups use too.