Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you thoughts? GS selling cookies outside of legal pot shops......

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

What are you thoughts? GS selling cookies outside of legal pot shops......

Advertisements
    Colorado Girl Scouts told not to sell cookies outside pot shops

Now they aren't letting them. My opinion is if the parents are ok with it and are there with the kid then why not especially since it is in front of a legal store. I think it is a genius idea and this girl selling 117 boxes in just two hours proves it.

I put this in debates because it involves a couple different debatable topics
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It is a legal business -- to me it is no different than them selling outside of grocery stores, etc - and pretty brilliant if you ask me
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

The concept is friggin' genius. The business is legal, if the parents are okay with it then more power to them, I mean that's money they're earning that can go towards so many things to fund their troop.

4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I think they should be able to! Easy money ftw!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ...a marijuana dispensary isn't a place for young girls to be selling cookies...
    Right. Because clearly, if someone is purchasing majijuana legally then the logical next step is that they will immediately victimize the next young girl they see in some fashion.

Big surprise, people are being judgmental asshats.
  6. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    It is a legal business -- to me it is no different than them selling outside of grocery stores, etc - and pretty brilliant if you ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    The concept is friggin' genius. The business is legal, if the parents are okay with it then more power to them, I mean that's money they're earning that can go towards so many things to fund their troop.
    Exactly!!!

I was reading some of the comments that go along with the article and someone made a good point. They said that they think one of the other moms who got "out sold" complained and got their panties in a wad about it all.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When I first read the story (not the one you posted in the link), my only reaction was 'good for her, she's a smart kid'. I can definitely see why it could be considered a bad thing by some but its not like she's actually being exposed to the marijuana in any way so I don't see the harm. My guess is people go into the shop, get what they need and leave. They aren't out on the sidewalk smoking. Are they going to tell them not to sell in front supermarkets because they sell alcohol there?
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Right. Because clearly, if someone is purchasing majijuana legally then the logical next step is that they will immediately victimize the next young girl they see in some fashion.

Big surprise, people are being judgmental asshats.

Yup

I actually started cracking up when I read it on FB. I mean seriously, who's more likely to buy GS cookies than someone with the munchies, or someone who is about to have them? And since it's legal there, I see no issue with taking advantage of that as long as the parents have no issues with it.

9. Senior Member
    That's an amazing idea. They should definitely be allowed to do it.
  10. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerGirl15 View Post
    When I first read the story (not the one you posted in the link), my only reaction was 'good for her, she's a smart kid'. I can definitely see why it could be considered a bad thing by some but its not like she's actually being exposed to the marijuana in any way so I don't see the harm. My guess is people go into the shop, get what they need and leave. They aren't out on the sidewalk smoking. Are they going to tell them not to sell in front supermarkets because they sell alcohol there?
    And thats another thing other people were commenting on......a lot of supermarkets across the US sell alcohol yet the GS are outside selling cookies. Both beer and pot are legal (well pot in some states and this one particular).

I'm so waiting for the day when pot isn't so criminalized and finally legal across the board.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast