Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Suspended Over Anti-Gay Remarks. Thoughts?

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Suspended Over Anti-Gay Remarks. Thoughts?

Advertisements
    Original article: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Gives Drew Magary a Tour

Article about his suspension: 'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Suspended Over Anti-Gay Remarks (VIDEO)

Thoughts? Do you feel A&E's decision was valid?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ugh - first it's all over FB and now here
    I have no issue with this. What I find surprising is no one seems all that upset about his comments regarding blacks.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I don't think he should have been suspended to be honest. It's a free country and his opinion is just as valid a mine. Do I agree with him? No. But freedom of speech doesn't stop because someone gets offended.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I don't think he should have been suspended to be honest. It's a free country and his opinion is just as valid a mine. Do I agree with him? No. But freedom of speech doesn't stop because someone gets offended.
    Freedom of speech does not = freedom from consequences. As the figure that he is, he is a representative of the network and they are well within their rights to choose to take action when his words or actions reflect poorly on them or are not in line with the values they, as the network and employer, wish to promote.
  5. Senior Member
    Eh, I get that A&E doesn't want this sort of publicity, but he has the right to say whatever dumb shit he wants. Just like A&E has the right to fire him.

I don't know why it surprises anyone that these are his beliefs. I was surprised he hasn't talked about them before with as much scripture as he quotes on the show.

I just truly don't care what some old redneck thinks. It would be more surprising to me if he didn't think that way.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    I think it's stupid to ask what he thinks about anything, really. He makes duck calls and is on a silly show. Who cares what he thinks about homosexualitys?

I disagree with him, but I'm sure people could've guessed his stance on homosexuality. To suspend him is kind of , though A&E obviously have the right to.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  7. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Oooh so that's what people are talking about. I don't watch the show and don't care to ever watch it but eh it's whatever. If he wants to be a dick let him be one as long as he's not personally hurting specific people by doing something TO them then let him think whatever crap he wants to. He can think what he wants and I'll think crap about him that I want to.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    This is exactly what I just said on a post on face book.

However I can understand why a&e did suspend him if it's causing negative feedback towards their network. It's all about business for them.

9. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    Ugh - first it's all over FB and now here
    I have no issue with this. What I find surprising is no one seems all that upset about his comments regarding blacks.
    I thought it was an interesting topic to discuss so I posted it. And if you watch the video with the article about his suspension, they talk about his comments regarding blacks.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal520 View Post
    I thought it was an interesting topic to discuss so I posted it. And if you watch the video with the article about his suspension, they talk about his comments regarding blacks.
    The was for me, not you - I was being silly -- my bad.,

My point regarding blacks was in regards to the "outcry" on FB -- where mention of that issue is all but non-existent in the numerous threads I have seen.
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast