Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vet talks about Obama's Safe Act. 3 minutes of courage.

1. Banned
    Banned

Vet talks about Obama's Safe Act. 3 minutes of courage.

Advertisements
  2. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I don't get the "3 minutes of courage" part of the title. Yeah he spoke from the heart and it was very moving but people are doing that every day. Does it mean more coming from him because he's a vet?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I don't get the "3 minutes of courage" part of the title. Yeah he spoke from the heart and it was very moving but people are doing that every day. Does it mean more coming from him because he's a vet?
    Agreed. Maybe because he talked about courage in is speech? Great speech!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    IMO because he chose to stand up in a room full of people and say what he needed to say, because he spoke from the heart about his loss and the loss of many.
    Because it takes courage to say what he said in the manner that he did.

is it more courageous because he is a vet? no.... I find him more courageous that he is a cop and still fights for the citizens of this country and chose like many others to protect and serve on a different but equally if not more dangerous level.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic, but I keep hearing how Obama wants to "take our guns."
    Can someone point me to legislation that has a reasonable chance of passing which will allow the government to confiscate legally owned guns?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I thought he made some great statements but no matter how moving a speech is, I do not for one second think law makers are going to sit down, envision themselves being at people's front doors asking for their firearms, and then change their vote. I don't think they'll give that scenario a second thought, because they know they won't ever actually have to do it.

I do for the record thing the word courage can be applied to this man for many reasons. It's thrown around a lot, for cancer patients, rape survivors, military members, cops, random good Samaritans, children who stand up to bullying. I don't think it is at all out of place being used on this man for being a vet, being a cop or just standing up in a room full of people, many of whom disagree with him, and sharing his personal stories along with making bold statements on what he believes is right and wrong on the issue.
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Can someone point me to legislation that has a reasonable chance of passing which will allow the government to confiscate legally owned guns?
    I have vodka and cookies and fudge to share while we wait.
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Personally I do not think they are trying to jump directly to confiscation, but I do believe there are many people who would prefer guns be illegal and view that as long term goal. When seen in that light, many of the restrictions that do get passed (such as the ones in NY in this Safe Act that was being addressed in the video) seem like baby steps heading toward the larger goal.
    I don't know anyone who thinks they would try or succeed right now at confiscation, but I know many people are leery and afraid that there is a larger agenda behind the smaller steps. I also know people who are genuinely bothered by the smaller steps, and don't agree with them regardless of confiscation being in the future or not.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I have vodka and cookies and fudge to share while we wait.
    And Scotch! Don't forget the Blue Label, because we all know one bottle of vodka ain't gonna feed this beast!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    DH showed me this the other day and good for this guy for speaking from the heart.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast