Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad baby seat inspires campaign to stop the parenting apocalypse

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

iPad baby seat inspires campaign to stop the parenting apocalypse

Advertisements
    iPad baby seat inspires campaign to stop the parenting apocalypse - latimes.com

Enraged that Fisher-Price has started selling an iPad baby seat, a Boston-based consumer group has launched a campaign to get the product yanked off the market.
    The petition by the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood has so far gotten 8,739 signatures.
    "There are so many awful screen products for babies these days, but the Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Apptivity™ Seat for iPad® device is the worst yet," the group says on the petition. "It’s a bouncy seat for an infant – with a place for an iPad directly above the baby’s face, blocking his or her view of the rest of the world."
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I saw that on a sponsored FB post. Completely unnecessary for an infant. I'm sure there's a time it could be used for an older baby whos fussy and you're trying to make dinner and help your 4 kids with homework, but seriously, not needed for an infant... IMO.
  3. Senior Member
    That is so stupid. Is it really that hard to mind your own business? If you don't like it don't buy it. Dumb.
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That is so stupid. Is it really that hard to mind your own business? If you don't like it don't buy it. Dumb.
    True!
    Banned
    An infant should never be put infront of a screen like that, and definitely not have it so close to their eyes.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Omg! Next thing you know we'll be using television as defacto baby sitters and someone will complain about that.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think its good for an infant and probably will never buy one for my child, but I don't know if I think it should be pulled off the market. If it is dangerous to infants (which it very well could be, I just don't know), then sure. But if there is no evidence it is, I think it should be left up to the parent what they want to expose their child to.
  8. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    Does this remind anyone else of Wall E? Especially the pictures of the actual set up.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This. Yet another way to force everyone to conform to sanctimommy's standards. Would I buy it? No. Do I want to eliminate everyone else's choices so that they have to make the same one as me? No.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I wouldn't use it, but you know who gets to parent my kid? Me. I can make the choice not to buy it just like any other parent can decide for themselves. You can't force other people's kids to be "commercial-free", you gotta let parents make their own decisions. Now, if this were an activity center with a knife, bottle of pills, and playboy on it then I could see actually yanking it off the market.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast