Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wealth Inequality in America

Banned

Wealth Inequality in America

Advertisements
    Just saw this video on UpWorthy, it's a great visual of how wealth is distributed, how we think it is distributed, and what Americans think the ideal distribution would look like.

would
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I don't want wealth distribution on a mass scale. That's a communist ideal Things like this don't greatly bother me.

ETA: I should specify that the CHANGING distribution bothers me. The figure from the 1970s to today is uncomfortable because it shows a disappearing middle class. But the concept of the "ideal" being that the poorest of the poor's income is only removed from the richest of the rich's income by a factor of 10-- that seems way too extreme for me. I would NOT label the ideal as ideal, rather the misconception of reality as the ideal state.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I saw taht video and it was interesting, especially to look at what Americans think is ideal.

I mean I don't think everyone should have the exact same amount of money or anything. But I do think it's interesting to see the percetion vs reality.
  4. Senior Member
    I think it's sad personally that there is such a drastic discrepancy. I don't think I have communist ideals, I just don't think the richest people should have so much of the wealth while people can't even make enough to scrape by.
  5. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    That really is an amazing visual! I don't know how I feel about distribution, but I liked seeing the facts.