Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Late-term abortion

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Late-term abortion

Advertisements
    Late-Term Abortion

I read this article tonight, and I was completely unaware that this was happening. I'm pro choice, but I don't support this at all.

How do you feel about late-term abortions? If you are pro choice do you also support this?
  2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    First of all, Tiller didn't "pass away," he was killed by extremists. Second of all, this is one of those radical websites that passes around a lot of misinformation.
  3. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    First of all, Tiller didn't "pass away," he was killed by extremists. Second of all, this is one of those radical websites that passes around a lot of misinformation.
    good to know. I read multiple articles tonight, this was the first so I posted this one.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm pro choice but anti abortion anti pro lifers
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    We actually just rejected a bill on late-term abortions here in NM. It was pretty a little cray cray around here for a while.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm pro-choice but not pro-abortion. I do not like abortion at any stage, so definitely not late-term abortions, but I cannot make the decision for another woman. Though I would definitely vote to ban late-term abortions. At that point, if the mother doesn't want the baby, she should adopt out.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I honestly think the article is a bit alarmist and biased. Late term abortions are extremely rare and usually done in cases where the fetus has extreme genetic malformations, etc. While I don't know if its a decision I would make for myself, in the case of a child that will not survive outside of the womb or puts the woman's life at risk, I don't know if there really is a right or wrong decision (IMO). The best option to me would be to deliver and see if the child has a chance outside of the womb if it is beyond viability, but it really isn't black and white so I'll hold my judgment.

Here's an alternative article about late term abortions (equally biased I would admit but has some actual statistics).
    http:// http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2009/06/02/lateterm-abortions-facts-stories-and-ways-help/
  8. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Radicals tend to make it sound like this is common, women seeking late term abortion. It really isn't. I wish I could find the video of Dana Weinstein speaking about her late term abortion. It was discovered that her child would be born with extreme brain deformities among other things, which would cause constant seizures and require constant life support for the child to survive. Her baby was going to live an extraordinarily painful life. She talks about how she chose to end her baby's life because she did not want to bring a child into the world only to live in constant pain. There was a woman who couldn't find a late term abortion provider, her child delivered prematurely and died struggling to breathe on her chest. She held her baby while she died in pain because she could not find an abortion provider to assist her in terminating a pregnancy that wasn't viable in the first place.

There aren't just a shit ton of monstrous people out there ending perfectly viable lives just for the hell of it. On top of that, MOST doctors won't even perform it unless there's a serious reason. That's why I hate these websites, they outline in detail this "horrible" procedure in the hopes of making it illegal, and guess what? The babies suffer. The mothers suffer. No one wins.
  9. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerGirl15 View Post
    I honestly think the article is a bit alarmist and biased. Late term abortions are extremely rare and usually done in cases where the fetus has extreme genetic malformations, etc. While I don't know if its a decision I can make, in the case of a child that will not survive outside of the womb or puts the woman's life at risk, I don't know if there really is a right or wrong decision (IMO). The best option to me would be to deliver and see if the child has a chance outside of the womb if it is beyond viability, but it really isn't black and white so I'll hold my judgment.

Here's an alternative (equally biased I would admit but has some actual statistics).
    http:// http://rhrealitycheck.org/ar...and-ways-help/
    Often it's not about survival, it's whether or not those three months, three weeks, three days of survival will be ones of constant, unyielding pain or simply survival.
  10. Senior Member
    I'm not super educated on the matter since less than 2% of abortions occur after 21 weeks, but my gut feeling is that abortions after the point of viability should not be performed on a healthy women with a healthy fetus.

Edit: I would disagree with an outright ban on late-term abortions, but I would be okay with something like "requires second physician verification of viability" or requiring a physician be present to treat the infant if born alive, etc.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast