Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia

Banned

Euthanasia

Advertisements
    What's your opinion on Euthanasia?

Eta: Humans, such as someone with a terminal illness for example.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think once someone is a rational thinking adult they should be able to make that decision for themselves. I do think there should be a degree of counselling involved to ensure the person truly understands their decision. Personally, I also think Euthanasia should be restricted to people with severely debilitating conditions, who are in extreme pain or close to the end of their lives but I know that this would be a difficult restriction to enforce.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    For who - humans?
  4. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerGirl15 View Post
    I think once someone is a rational thinking adult they should be able to make that decision for themselves. I do think there should be a degree of counselling involved to ensure the person truly understands their decision. Personally, I also think Euthanasia should be restricted to people with severely debilitating conditions, who are in extreme pain or close to the end of their lives but I know that this would be a difficult restriction to enforce.

I agree. If I were facing a terminal illness I would want to go out on my terms. Give the patients some control over their last days, make it as comfortable as possible for everyone involved.
  5. Senior Member
    I think it's weird that people think euthanising sick animals is the humane thing to do but we make sick people suffer and die terrible painful deaths instead. If somebody is aware enough to give consent they should be able to choose to die.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think it's weird that people think euthanising sick animals is the humane thing to do but we make sick people suffer and die terrible painful deaths instead. If somebody is aware enough to give consent they should be able to choose to die.
    Banned
    I think if you're of sound mind and body (not suicidal for example) then absolutely you should be allowed to die with dignity. When the quality of ours pets lives declines or they become terminal we euthanize them to stop the prolonged suffering. Why can't that be allowed for people?
  8. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    I think it should be legal for those who are very close to death or for example, taken off life support and waiting for them to pass. The fact that it can sometimes take over a week in that situation just makes me shudder. I'm not sure how I feel about it being legal for those that may be ill but are not yet close to death.
  9. Senior Member
    I'm 100% okay with physician-assisted suicide. Euthanasia is a little more iffy but I think with the proper checks I'd be okay with it.
  10. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I told my husband to kill me off if I am struggling to live, etc, so I am okay with it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast